Safeties in the draft...

jdnalls

Reaction score
Well, if we can't find a play making, ball hawk of a FS in the draft this year it surely isn't because it lacks those types of players. Here's a list of the top 20 Safeties per NFL Draft Countdown:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/s.html

1. Thomas Davis, Georgia *
2. Brodney Pool, Oklahoma *
3. Ernest Shazor, Michigan *
4. Donte Nicholson, Oklahoma
5. Michael Huff, Texas *
6. James Butler, Georgia Tech
7. Josh Bullocks, Nebraska *
8. Oshiomogho Atogwe, Stanford
9. Vincent Fuller, Virginia Tech
10. Jamaal Brimmer, U.N.L.V.
11. Junior Rosegreen, Auburn
12. Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin
13. Sean Considine, Iowa
14. Marviel Underwood, San Diego St.
15. Ben Emanuel, U.C.L.A.
16. Aaron Francisco, B.Y.U.
17. Jermaine Harris, South Carolina
18. Andre Maddox, North Carolina St.
19. Atari Bigby, Central Florida
20. Matt Grootegoed, USC

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
i think if we find someone we like in free agency we'll go that route but i wouldn't mind adding a young guy to the mix through the draft if the chips fall right. hopefully someone like thomas davis slips to us in the second.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I have him a top 15 pick overall

The Leonhard kid is too small but one hell of a football player reminds me of Kelso of the Bills.

Reaction score
I can almost assure you UT's M. Huff won't be coming out. I watched an interview w/ him from mid-Oct, where he referenced several times players he'd be lining up w/, and the schedule they/he'd be playing.

Also, I've seen more than 1 club's dir. of scouting say the safety talent in 05 as it stood now, wasn't that great.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
I can almost assure you UT's M. Huff won't be coming out. I watched an interview w/ him from mid-Oct, where he referenced several times players he'd be lining up w/, and the schedule they/he'd be playing.

Also, I've seen more than 1 club's dir. of scouting say the safety talent in 05 as it stood now, wasn't that great.

Davis of Georgia is a top 15 prospect and the rest is weak.

Bobo

Reaction score
I'll be wathcing out for Shazor from Michigan today. He may be a 2nd round guy.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Davis and Nicholson don't strike me as ballhawks in the draft. I want a true FS who excels in coverage. If I see Roy playing outside of the box 80% of the plays again, I'll burn JJ's house down.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
and let's not forget that some of the best FS's actually play CB in college, but are a little big or a little exposed in man coverage for CB in the NFL...many of these hard hitting CB's can be had in rounds 4-7 and moved to FS.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
and let's not forget that some of the best FS's actually play CB in college, but are a little big or a little exposed in man coverage for CB in the NFL...many of these hard hitting CB's can be had in rounds 4-7 and moved to FS.
We have one of those already...