Signed by Cowboys Safety George Iloka signed

ShortRound

Reaction score

The Cowboys have agreed to a one-year deal with safety George Iloka, according to a source. Iloka met with the Cowboys on Friday and was the third safety to meet with the club during the week along with Clayton Geathers and Eric Berry. The Cowboys have concerns about their depth at the position that was manned by Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods last year. Iloka, who has nine career interceptions, can play both safety spots. The Cowboys had some interest in Iloka last year before he joined Minnesota, where he started three games. He is the fourth free agent the Cowboys have come to terms with so far, joining Christian Covington, Kerry Hyder and Randall Cobb.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Nice! ....Right?

Techsass

Reaction score
I don't think FA signings determine our draft picks. We seem to like having a breathing body of some sort at each position before the draft, but it doesn't necessarily mean that's what we'll draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I really like this signing.

We’ve covered all of our needs (granted not elite pickups but you can’t have elite guys at every position)

Still hope they pull the trigger on Quinn now

Think we will.......from what I've heard he's holding out, hoping to attract more interest from other teams. But hell, if that was going happen I think we'd already know. At some point ( within the next couple weeks maybe) I'm guessing Stephen will give him a deadline to either accept their offer or we're moving on. Kinda what the Jets did to Le'Vron Bell.

DallasMike

Reaction score
Iloka is a nice stop gap SS. I am sure they will draft one and it does take time for those guys to develop. Most of the time anyway. Iloka is a good tackler. Solid veteran depth added to the roster, again. And without breaking the bank. Sign Quinn and let's get ready for the draft.

By the way...been reading these message boards for quite some time. I registered a while back and was having a problem on my end getting the confirmation email. Glad I finally cleared that up today. The posters here do an excellent job and I enjoy reading everybody's opinions/posts. The MODS to a great job keeping things organized. Guessing it take a few posts before I can start liking posts. Glad to be a member.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Meh. Personally, I don't think he's better than Heath but if I concede he his, it's not by much. I think the best thing about this siginng, is they'll compete and competition isn't ever a bad thing .