Safety Play

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Anybody hear any discussion of what went wrong here. The left guard never even got out of stance and that guy hit romom full tilt. It ws really ugly. I just wondered if the center snapped it early or the other guys missed the snap count or what. that could have really been a disaster there..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BARRYRAY;2495801 said:
Anybody hear any discussion of what went wrong here. The left guard never even got out of stance and that guy hit romom full tilt. It ws really ugly. I just wondered if the center snapped it early or the other guys missed the snap count or what. that could have really been a disaster there..

From what I saw I think Gurode snapped it too soon. Proctor was not the only one staying in his spot so was the RB on that play and the rest of the line seem like they delayed as well coming off the ball.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It's hard to say. It does look like an early snap since both the left guard and left tackle didn't move. But then, it may be that Flo didn't move because Procter didn't move (i.e., because of his deaf ear, he may sometimes rely on movement from the guard/defense)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2495808 said:
From what I saw I think Gurode snapped it too soon. Proctor was not the only one staying in his spot so was the RB on that play and the rest of the line seem like they delayed as well coming off the ball.

Oh stop it. If you can't blame everything on Procter then you clearly don't belong on this board.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The only one on the oline that did anything was Gurode. Flo, Proctor and Davis didn't move on the snap. It's on Gurode.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Yep. I'm tired of them messing up around the goalline. Romo fumbled an exchange. That ball goes to the Giants we got a very different game.

gmoney112

Reaction score
yeah haha what WAS that? interesting. what would have happened if romo just threw the ball 30 yards out of bounds?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2495820 said:
The only one on the oline that did anything was Gurode. Flo, Proctor and Davis didn't move on the snap. It's on Gurode.

Davis moved when he saw the ball snapped since he's right next to Gurode, Flo moved, late but Proctor looked like a statue... even though he, like Davis, is right next to the ball.

Gurode clearly snapped it early, even Romo wasn't ready.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2495821 said:
Yep. I'm tired of them messing up around the goalline. Romo fumbled an exchange. That ball goes to the Giants we got a very different game.

True but he had his wits about himself to make a play off it. I don't like mistake any more than the next guy but they will happen and there are times you have to overcome them.

Dallas22

Reaction score

snap count issue...most likely...can't blame that one on Proctor (and to make it worse he, Proctor, actually had one hell of a great block when he pulled in the 4th!)... :)

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
I think you can blame Procter for still being in his stance when Romo was already getting pummeled, though. At least 76 made an attempt once the guys started coming. If someone in a blue jersey is running past you, it's alright to move.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas22;2495844 said:
snap count issue...most likely...can't blame that one on Proctor (and to make it worse he, Proctor, actually had one hell of a great block when he pulled in the 4th!)... :)

I agree that is how I saw it as well. I thought in the 2nd half of the game Proctor and the line in general started doing a better job of picking up rushers. 1st half I thought they were going to get Romo killed but evidently they made some adjustments in the blocking and they did better as the game went on