Safety Profile: Ko Simpson

Reaction score
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/

Ko Simpson
S South Carolina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strengths
Ko is a tall, long-legged safety that has some excellent cover skills. He shows a good burst to the ball and is a lot faster than you think because of his smooth stride. He is very athletic, shows a good set of hands as well as instincts to be a playmaker for the defensive side of the ball. Ko is a solid tackler and there is no doubt he shows the potential to be an impact player for the next level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needs to Improve
Ko is very raw right now mentally for playing safety at the next level. After you draft him, you will go through some big time growing pains, but when they're over, you should have a hell of a player.

Bottom Line
Ko is an impact player waiting to happen, but he's just a tadpole as far as what it takes to impact in the mental aspects of the game. When he understands that he's mentally going up against a QB and a Offensive Coordinator and is able to see things with the whole game in mind, then all he has to do is match that with his athletic talent and boom -- you got an impact football player. Sounds simple, right? Yeah - well, it’s not! Here is the good thing about drafting Ko. Until he learns all of that stuff, you can use him in the red zone area man-to-man on those big WR’s and TE’s that are driving everyone nuts. He has that kind of coverage abilities. Now the big question is, where do you rate this kid? I believe the most important test that Ko will take at the combine is the wonderlic test. That test will be the answer for me on how long it will take Ko to learn what he needs to learn for the next level. All of the other tests I already know he's going to be very good at. His 40 time doesn’t really interest me because I know he has an excellent burst. So for me, it’s the wonderlic test. If he scores average or higher, then he is a first rounder. Anything less and he falls to the 2nd or even 3rd if he chooses not to finish it. But that’s just crazy me thinking that intelligence, character and the ability to handle mental pressure means as much as athletic talent to become an impact player at the next level. How silly of me! Crazy, berserk, nuts!
Drew Boylhart 2/06

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Makaveli_The_Don said:
I just went by to take a look around, worse then ever.

Not surprising.

Getting banned from there (and finding this place) ended up being a godsend. :D

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Rack said:
Not surprising.

Getting banned from there (and finding this place) ended up being a godsend. :D

When you got banned was the beginning of the end for my time over there.

This place runs circles around the Ranch.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
When you got banned was the beginning of the end for my time over there.

This place runs circles around the Ranch.

No argument from me on that one.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sign Coleman with the understanding that he is the starter but is responsible for teaching the kid.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
"mental tadpole"

that sure doesn't sound like a Parcells guy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rack said:
Haven't been to that craphole in years.

don't hate on the Ranch.

they broke the Sam Wilder to TB for a conditional pick story.

Quality stuff.