Twitter: Safety snap count

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With a bye next week, I'm anxious to see what snap counts against Minnesota. See if the Cowboys can work Wilson into more playing time. But I still want Kearse getting the most snaps by far.

John813

Reaction score
Curious to see the snaps after the bye when it comes to non big nickel snaps.

I think Kearse may be leading the snap counts over Wilson moving forward.

Carson

Reaction score
Less Kazee please.

Kearse has been a pleasant surprise.

Hooker,is one of the better centerfielder-type free safety prospects over the last decade. For some reason, we seem to want to put him in one-on-one, press and back-pedal situations.
IMO, Malik picks the Bourne TD that Kazee whiffed on.

I’ve watched him make that play with ease numerous times at tOSU and Indianapolis

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Looks like the ‘Big Nickel’ is basically the Cowboy’s base defense or will be in the near future.

Probably why Jaylon was let go. Just no room for him as LBs are sitting for safeties.

Hard for a 250 pound LB to cover a RB or speedy TE so teams are going with safeties. Or teams might go with the less heavier and faster LBs like Cox.

I believe PS safety Coyle might be grooming for something similar to Kearse next year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Looks like the ‘Big Nickel’ is basically the Cowboy’s base defense or will be in the near future.

Probably why Jaylon was let go. Just no room for him as LBs are sitting for safeties.

Hard for a 250 pound LB to cover a RB or speedy TE so teams are going with safeties. Or teams might go with the less heavier and faster LBs like Cox.

I believe PS safety Coyle might be grooming for something similar to Kearse next year.

I actually hope they let Neal walk. Nothing he has done impresses me. He is almost as bad Jaylon playing the run, cant get off blocks, and only marginal at coverage.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I actually hope they let Neal walk. Nothing he has done impresses me. He is almost as bad Jaylon playing the run, cant get off blocks, and only marginal at coverage.

Haven’t focused on Neal but he looked pretty good so far, I thought. He missed two weeks with the sniffles which may have taken away from his effectiveness.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Kearse has been a huge hit by the pro personnel department.

I remember when he was coming out of Clemson, the guys on the Fan (Cavanaugh specifically), called him one of the worst players they've ever evaluated.

Carson

Reaction score
I honestly haven’t even noticed 42 on the field. That’s a good thing as 9 was always popping off for the wrong thing

Carson

Reaction score
Kearse has been a huge hit by the pro personnel department.

I remember when he was coming out of Clemson, the guys on the Fan (Cavanaugh specifically), called him one of the worst players they've ever evaluated.
Not saying Cavanaugh is wrong because he’s paid to do this. But Kearse was once projected a first rounder before his senior season. He slid due to height and some stiffness. He was always an alpha on the field

jrumann59

Reaction score
Not saying Cavanaugh is wrong because he’s paid to do this. But Kearse was once projected a first rounder before his senior season. He slid due to height and some stiffness. He was always an alpha on the field
Measurables are not the be all end all. If you use them right and they have the head they can do many things well. Stiffness will only limit him in M2M coverage.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nobody wants to listen to me about that dude Cavanaugh. But anyway, Wilson before seasons over will have yall running back to the "old girlfriend".

Carson

Reaction score
Nobody wants to listen to me about that dude Cavanaugh. But anyway, Wilson before seasons over will have yall running back to the "old girlfriend".
It’s a good problem to have. Our secondary play has been horrible since the Newman / Henry days

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That play on 3rd and short was amazing by Kearse. The dude is legit.
If it's the play I'm thinking of, I was certain he was offsides. In replay, it sure looks like he's in the neutral zone before the snap. Not complaining though.

Reactions: BAT