Safety tackling has been horrendous since Jeff Heath has been out

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Careful what you wish for. Safety tackling was horrendous tonight. What a freakin mess this defense is.
Everyone wanted to be rid of Heath and Crawford......be careful what you wish for. Those guys at least stopped the run.

dfense

Reaction score
LOL at the idea that Heath would make difference.

Bravo effort.
It's not that he would make a difference. It's how much worse they were without him. Incredibly bad. Like Trubiski juking safeties to the ground running for 20 yard TDs.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Careful what you wish for. Safety tackling was horrendous tonight. What a freakin mess this defense is.
Totally agree....Jeff Heath isn't a Hall Of Famer but at least he has heart, Unlike most of the people on this team. Nobody on the Defense can tackle. I hate this team....So hard to cheer for...Lawrence gets paid and he's just been terrible. No Defensive Tackles that are worth a crap. Mitch Trubisky looks like the best in the game. Dak might have the most meaningless leading stat in football...Passing Yards. Amari Cooper....Meh...Just a losing team with a loser Coach and an Owner who sucks as much as he does. I'm just so tired of watching this over-hyped team.

Number1

Reaction score
It's not that he would make a difference.

Jeff would have made a difference, so would LVE and Brown ... think about it, Jaylon (MB), LVE (WB), Heath (SS), and Brown (SC) are the primary tacklers in the scheme

take 3 of the off the field and you find yourself in a talent based read n run 1 gap system ... w/o speed

LVE (WB), Heath (SS), and Brown (SC)

for all those geniuses out there who thought Lewis was better and Heath irrelevant

* face facts - we aren't better at this than Rod or Kris
* yeah, they bug me out some times but reality check

coaching in the NFL is easy with your guys on the field

Heath has the play speed to make plays faster than CJ did ... same with LVE and Brown

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right, but safeties shouldn't have to be making so many tackles. DL and LBs aren't helping

Sydla

Reaction score
Jeff would have made a difference, so would LVE and Brown ... think about it, Jaylon (MB), LVE (WB), Heath (SS), and Brown (SC) are the primary tacklers in the scheme

take 3 of the off the field and you find yourself in a talent based read n run 1 gap system ... w/o speed

LVE (WB), Heath (SS), and Brown (SC)

for all those geniuses out there who thought Lewis was better and Heath irrelevant

* face facts - we aren't better at this than Rod or Kris
* yeah, they bug me out some times but reality check

coaching in the NFL is easy with your guys on the field

Heath has the play speed to make plays faster than CJ did ... same with LVE and Brown

Again Heath isn’t some great tackler.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He’d be a great 3rd safety if he wants to stick around for cheap. But I’m drafting a safety in one of the first two rounds.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
“Best depth we’ve ever had here.” - Jerral Wayne Jones

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
It is not only the safety tackling, you can say the same for the whole team. A no name back up guy who replaced Saquon Smith did not miss a tackle. This is not about any individual player. I doubt the players do any strength work out tbh.