Safety - True or False

The Realist

Reaction score
At #58 it looks like we have the opportunity to draft a S who projects to be better than any safety we have had since Darren Woodson retired? Rapp, Thornhill, Savage......

We’re used to garbage at safety but Richard is not. Assuming we sign DLaw this is the position that stands out to me. Great talent at that position and it might be the position that helps take our D from good to great (along with Quinn).

DBOY3141

Reaction score
At #58 it looks like we have the opportunity to draft a S who projects to be better than any safety we have had since Darren Woodson retired? Rapp, Thornhill, Savage......

We’re used to garbage at safety but Richard is not. Assuming we sign DLaw this is the position that stands out to me. Great talent at that position and it might be the position that helps take our D from good to great (along with Quinn).
seems a lot of safties are making the 30 visit...but have not seen Savage on the list yet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It appears to be the deepest position in regards to drafting in the 2nd round.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I am definitely in favor of drafting a safety in the 2nd. I could be nudged to add another in the 3rd.

Abram/Savage
Thornhill/Hooker

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am definitely in favor of drafting a safety in the 2nd. I could be nudged to add another in the 3rd.

Abram/Savage
Thornhill/Hooker
Double dipping wouldnt shock me at all. Especially considering they really see to like Thornhill. I do think with Van Jaylon, you can play Thornhill at SS and get alot of range at that position. That duo can negate the need for a thumper at that position somewhat. However, Thornhill is a more natural FS, and they also seem intent on adding a SS. If they pull the trigger on Thornhill in the 2nd I can see them adding a SS like Hooker in the 3rd

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Double dipping wouldnt shock me at all. Especially considering they really see to like Thornhill. I do think with Van Jaylon, you can play Thornhill at SS and get alot of range at that position. That duo can negate the need for a thumper at that position somewhat. However, Thornhill is a more natural FS, and they also seem intent on adding a SS. If they pull the trigger on Thornhill in the 2nd I can see them adding a SS like Hooker in the 3rd

I could see it too. Especially if they believe they wont be able to re-sign Byron Jones.

Move Woods to nickel. Move Brown to regular corner. Thornhill at FS and Hooker at SS. Or Abram/Savage.

As another poster has said, they seem hesitant to draft one safety with a premium pick. Much less two but I think I would do it.