Saftey Help?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Safety started all 16 games for Jets last year

ESPN.com news services

nyj.gif
New York Jets: Safety Reggie Tongue was released Wednesday by the Jets after starting all 16 games last season.

Tongue played just one season with the Jets and had the longest interception return in the team's postseason history with an 85-yard touchdown run against Pittsburgh.

A second-round draft pick in 1996 by Kansas City, Tongue played four years with the Chiefs and four years with Seattle.

How do you guys feel about this guy helping us out? Cheap option?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I was thinking he is an ex-Jet......and we do seem to like ex-Jet's.....maybe he can play a little Special Teams.....they are important.

Actually, just bored and dying for some real football news........sorry

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
k19 said:
Just what we need another SS

We are hitting desperation levels here, brothers.

Safety hits the market, we start a thread wanting them.

It does not matter if they cannot defend the pass, they play safety. :cool:

Seriously though I think we are done.

Yes.

Signing Izell Reese was it.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
then we are in SERIOUS trouble.

I hate to break it to you, but your opinion is menial and quite worthless. Parcells is content with the personel he has. I don't think he's going to do anymore in the way of safety.

We don't need to sign a safety just because he hits the market. If Beriault, Davis, Reese, and Scott can't get it done, then... we may go after someone else.

silver

Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
I hate to break it to you, but your opinion is menial and quite worthless. Parcells is content with the personel he has. I don't think he's going to do anymore in the way of safety.

We don't need to sign a safety just because he hits the market. If Beriault, Davis, Reese, and Scott can't get it done, then... we may go after someone else.

just like last years when he was happy with hunter, thorton, jones and reeves. and when none of them panned out he went after frazier and williams and when those two didnt pan out the season was over.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
silver said:
just like last years when he was happy with hunter, thorton, jones and reeves. and when none of them panned out he went after frazier and williams and when those two didnt pan out the season was over.

Granted, but the point is void. It doesn't apply now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy said:
Safety Reggie Tongue was released Wednesday by the Jets after starting all 16 games last season. How do you guys feel about this guy helping us out?
Just say NO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
It was a joke. I'll explain it if I have to but I think you can figure it out for yourself, Hos. :shades:
I try and take everything as a joke. ;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Just say NO.

I never thought I'd see the day when one of the regulars in here tried to slip me some Tongue...

I feel ill...