Saints @ 49ers

Hoofbite

Reaction score
yimyammer;4377554 said:
What is it that makes him a great coach? Serious question, I'm not questioning your statement, anyone?

Might have something to do with taking a team that sucked and turning them into a SB contender in a single year where he had less than half of an offseason to work with.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Sad that we have to watch a Niners team that we beat with an injured QB go on to try for a shot at their 6th SB win while we sit at home thinking about blowing multiple 4th quarter leads and calling timeout while our kicker is about to kick the game-winning FG. Man i really hate football sometimes. This sucks. Please dont let the vagiants win tomorrow. Please.

birdwells1

Reaction score
gbrittain;4377592 said:
I said the same thing when Alex Smith scored on the run...but definitely should have on the Jimmy Graham play. Game over.

You have to score the touchdown because you're down 5 points. A td isn't as automatic as a 17 yard fg which is essentially an extra point.

yimyammer

Reaction score
TheCount;4377585 said:
Experience and enthusiasm seem to be his main strengths. How many coaches would have stuck with Alex Smith? I know I thought he was a bum.

I'm damn impressed and envious

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
dboy214;4377593 said:
great game, but all it did was put a big light on how much work our Cowboys have in front of them to get to this level.

these were two well-coached physical, disciplined teams.

Leave it to you to make a comment like this. Guess you'd trade defenses with NO.:rolleyes:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Watching these teams in the playoffs just let's you know that our team needs a lot of work, Not only players who are talented physically and can do their jobs, but need players with Mental Toughness to hang in when things look like a sure loss.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Garrett would have got conservative, ran it 3 times, and went for the field goal at the end of the game..Harbaugh went for the win. Big Difference.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quit bellyaching everyone. Just enjoy the good playoff football without moaning for once.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4377579 said:
Well, not exactly.

Harbaugh did have the lead and wasn't risking points but we get the idea.

Garrett's a deity and every bit as good as a guy who is in the NFCC game.

The play was incomplete and game over...by him calling this time out he gave them another chance to throw...

Now..Imagine Brees throwing a hail mary (which he absolutely could) and they win...what will the media be talking about?
How could Harbough do that? as bad as icing your own kicker...

Just like Mangini said..if it all goes well he is a genius, if it goes bad he is a stupid ***

:cool:

yimyammer

Reaction score
vlad;4377591 said:
Well I don't know the guy and haven't been around him. All I can judge him on are his accomplishments as a head coach at both the collegiate and professional level; the empirical improvement in both those places, as well as what I've inferred to be his players admiration for him and respect for his leadership.

Plus he just seems like a bas-a**

I agree, I sure like what I've seen from him and his team, damn I'm jealous!!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
birdwells1;4377611 said:
You have to score the touchdown because you're down 5 points. A td isn't as automatic as a 17 yard fg which is essentially an extra point.

I couldn't believe I read the first comment on this. Ya sure have the player go down at the one just to burn time when you need to stick it in the endzone. Does anyone actually think before they post?

yimyammer

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4377602 said:
Might have something to do with taking a team that sucked and turning them into a SB contender in a single year where he had less than half of an offseason to work with.

You guys are pointing out results, but I'm curious what he did to get those results from his team. Did he yell and scream, practice more, what? What's the magic formula?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
mgcowboy;4377625 said:
The play was incomplete and game over...by him calling this time out he gave them another chance to throw...

Now..Imagine Brees throwing a hail mary (which he absolutely could) and they win...what will the media be talking about?

All us Cowboy fans thought the same exact thing. But you know what? He was right to listen to his assistant and call the TO. Something wasn't right and they wanted to make sure it was for the last play of the game.

And guess what? Garrett was also correct in his decision to call the TO regardless of the ultimate outcome.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Idgit;4377619 said:
Quit bellyaching everyone. Just enjoy the good playoff football without moaning for once.

Thank you. Every playoff game thread devolves into a Cowboy bashing thread by the same old posters.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
mgcowboy;4377625 said:

Just like Mangini said..if it all goes well he is a genius, if it goes bad he is a stupid ***

An 80 yard hail mary?

Yeah, that's really gonna happen.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4377577 said:
Reschedule!

Would if I could, but the car is already there (I was t-boned last week) and the car is undrivable.

I am so screwed, lol.