Saints... an Effective Barometer or Not?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Cowboys are looking good in the pre-easy ...but were the Saints a good enough barometer for measuring the Cowboys worth?

Will the San Francisco 49ers provide answers to the question of effectiveness for the Cowboy's OL.

Can Bledsoe hold up better than Romo (I personally Like Romo better than Bledsoe).

ask seattle too :lmao2::eek:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
This preseason we have no effective barometers for our team. The first game against Seattle was just that...the first game. Seattle was not playing their best people and neither were we in many cases. The Saints were no test at all and neither will the 49ers be IMO. Although I do like the 49ers coach and I may eventually stand corrected on this point. The last game will come after only...what...two days of practice? Not a real good test either. IF we have a decent barometer it will be against the 49ers. This is just a screwed up schedule.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Regardless of the opponent, every team in the NFL has several good players on their team. You can focus on some individual matchups. Fabini vs. Charles Grant, Will Smith vs. Flozell, Jamal Brown vs. Ware, Terry Glenn vs. Mike McKenzie. I thought the Cowboys got the better of all 4 matchups.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The main thing I look for in preseason is the first 2 or 3 drives by the first team. I do think that is a good barometer of the teams progress and..

then how our 2nd and 3rd teams stack up against the other teams 2nd and 3rds just for a barometer of our depth.

So far A+ for the 2 games thus far on defnese and B+ for offense (Running game is the problem)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
It is always better to win then to loose

Agree

adbutcher said:
On a similar not to your question, this morning on Sirius in the midst of their cowboy bashing, they were ranting about how the win was meaningless and they are still not convince and their grounds where that too many super bowl teams has gone defeated in preseason.

Respectfully disagree big brother Greek ...As much as not want to admit it, I say your guys looked smooth in execution. Overall, I see that you're well on your way to being ready for the regular season. Dayam that hurt to say, but that's what I saw.:bow: ...you were worthy of that win!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
This from a team whose fanbase who puffs out their collective chest over a victory against the Browns?

I think a win is far better than a loss anyday! Besides, I never posted here about the Eagles victory over the Browns ...WTH (What the Heck ...;) ) are you talking about!?

stasheroo said:
Nice try pal but the fact is the Cowboys played great and you can't stand it. Be man enough to admit it rather than hiding behind garbage posts like this!

Ok ...the Cowboys played great and I can't stand it! Like I said, the COwboys played great ...you didn't, the Cowboys did. You need a humble pill
Shroo, that was only a pre-easy game.

stasheroo said:
The Cowboys' 4th, 5th and 6th receivers played better than the Eagles #1's did!

If that's what You believe, why should I argue with you!

stasheroo said:
Don't attempt to belittle or demean the fact that Dallas looked great.

Busted! ..."the Cowboys played great and I can't stand it!":rolleyes:

stasheroo said:
Worry about your Eagles' last pathetic performance in Baltimore instead.......

Dude ...you need some Red Beer or some Red Bull or something!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Agree

Respectfully disagree big brother Greek ...As much as not want to admit it, I say your guys looked smooth in execution. Overall, I see that you're well on your way to being ready for the regular season. Dayam that hurt to say, but that's what I saw.:bow: ...you were worthy of that win!
I think you misread or I didn't articulate it well enough. If you misread, you need to get in the cut, lol. And well if my point wasn’t conveyed then chalk it up to being in a rush. :)

Sirius was saying that winning in the preseason doesn’t amount to much. However, Gil Brandt refuted what they were saying but they didn’t want to hear it. You know the mere mentioning of the Cowboys in some circles cause some to see red and loose all objectivity. ;)

What I was saying is that I agree with Brandt and the body of evidence in the last ten years bares that out. If you play well in the preseason in this era of the NFL then you are most likely to play well in the regular season.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
This preseason we have no effective barometers for our team. The first game against Seattle was just that...the first game. Seattle was not playing their best people and neither were we in many cases. The Saints were no test at all and neither will the 49ers be IMO. Although I do like the 49ers coach and I may eventually stand corrected on this point. The last game will come after only...what...two days of practice? Not a real good test either. IF we have a decent barometer it will be against the 49ers. This is just a screwed up schedule.

I appreciate you response JM.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
I think a win is far better than a loss anyday! Besides, I never posted here about the Eagles victory over the Browns ...WTH (What the Heck ...;) ) are you talking about!?

I didn't say it was you - I said fans instead.

Phoenix-Talon said:
Ok ...the Cowboys played great and I can't stand it! Like I said, the COwboys played great ...you didn't, the Cowboys did. You need a humble pill
Shroo, that was only a pre-easy game.

Get the name right or don't respond to what I post, OK?

I never said I did. What's that about? But I'm not going to the Eagles' board questioning a dominating performance, am I?