Saints Bounty Program **Payton suspended 1 year / Williams indefinitely**

bigdoge99

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Expecting a decision on bounty discipline for Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, Gregg Williams and Saints team sanctions to come down shortly

Discipline for the individual players involved likely to come at a later but could be addressed broadly today

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

Just leaving Denver, seeing bounty news to come ... I'll say this -- league wants to come down hard on players involved. And they should.

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer

... Much harder to police pools/bounties done on the side, away from coaches, which is why I believe the NFL is resolute on hitting players.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bigdoge99;4471764 said:

Expecting a decision on bounty discipline for Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, Gregg Williams and Saints team sanctions to come down shortly

Discipline for the individual players involved likely to come at a later but could be addressed broadly today

if they follow current punishment trends, they should collect all the $ that was spent in bounty gate and divide it among the rest of the NFL.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I think it was Mort that was saying Williams will be suspended for the year. If that's the case, then Payton should be gone for at least 6 games.

bigdoge99

Reaction score
iceberg;4471770 said:
if they follow current punishment trends, they should collect all the $ that was spent in bounty gate and divide it among the rest of the NFL.

No doubt... After seeing what was done to the Cowboys & Commanders the pucker factor must be high in New Orleans...

DBOY3141

Reaction score
bigdoge99;4471784 said:
No doubt... After seeing what was done to the Cowboys & Commanders the pucker factor must be high in New Orleans...

But it won't be because they are the darlings of the NFL.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
I will predict they lose their 2nd round pick, and Sean will be suspended for two games.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4471809 said:
I will predict they lose their 2nd round pick, and Sean will be suspended for two games.
Considering Goodell loves him some Saints I doubt it will even be that much

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score

6 games for Wow factor. Reduced to 2 after dust settles.

Fanatico

Reaction score
My guess would be 6 games for Williams, 4 games for Peyton and possibly 4 for certain players. The Saints will lose a first round pick. I don't see Williams missing the year as that would be punishing the Rams who are innocent in this. Although, the way the NFL is punishing teams who have not broken any rules, they could kick them all out for life.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jswalker1981;4471827 said:
Can we stop putting "Gate" on the end of every negative situation?

Probably never going to change. It is stuck in the lexicon.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Is there a new curse in the NFL? The host city seems to be hit with something in recent years. Dallas lost Romo, Indy lost Manning and now New Orleans has lost Payton.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Fanatico;4471837 said:
My guess would be 6 games for Williams, 4 games for Peyton and possibly 4 for certain players. The Saints will lose a first round pick. I don't see Williams missing the year as that would be punishing the Rams who are innocent in this. Although, the way the NFL is punishing teams who have not broken any rules, they could kick them all out for life.

Oh well buyer beware....Williams is gone for the year.

thurmansthieves

Reaction score
Greg Williams suspended indefinitely as well. With Payton out for a year I wonder how long indefinitely turns out to be.

btcutter

Reaction score

I think it'll be worse and should be.

Lose their 2nd round this year and 1st rounder next yr.
Payton suspended for 6 games and $250K.
DC suspended for 1 yr and $500k fine.
NO franchise may also be fined $500k or $1M.

That's for not listening to the league warning and continuing the "bounty".