Saints coverages

ghst187

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice how most of the time the Saints DBs had every route completely blanketed and seemed to know where our WRs were going?
When I saw replays looking down the field on Romo's bad passes or INTs, I noticed that despite sending 3-5 people out on routes, EVERYONE seemed to be WELL covered 90% of the time. Only noticed a very few times when it looked like Romo missed someone.
I didn't feel like Romo played all that poorly.
Ole Payton seemed to know our playbook WAY too well.
Problem was, our coaches didn't adjust what we were doing.
My embarrassment stems from the fact that our talent outweighs there mightily. BP should feel thoroughly embarrassed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ghst187;1225426 said:
Did anyone else notice how most of the time the Saints DBs had every route completely blanketed and seemed to know where our WRs were going?
When I saw replays looking down the field on Romo's bad passes or INTs, I noticed that despite sending 3-5 people out on routes, EVERYONE seemed to be WELL covered 90% of the time. Only noticed a very few times when it looked like Romo missed someone.
My embarrassment stems from the fact that our talent outweighs there mightily. BP should feel thoroughly embarrassed.

I agree. Like someone else said it was a "gutless" loss by this team. We couldn't handle success and folded like a tent.

It was sickening quite frankly.

cowboysfan

Reaction score
ghst187;1225426 said:

I agree.
But the first 5 plays of cowboys play is right on track, especially JJones run is excellent. After that, it is like everything downhill. I'm not expert on football plays, just by gut feel that every offense plays are counteract well and just nice (too well ??) and the defense is plain beaten. But props to Brees, he is sharp and the short guns are money. But for the long throws, our defense should have made the play. I saw last week Brees throw long, I thought this would be good chance for our secondary to flex some muscles.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Lat night was very reminscent of when Tampa crushed Oakland in the SuperBowl a few years ago. The Bucs D knew everything the Raiders were doing before the Raiders did it because Gruden was completely familiar with the Raiders' players and schemes. Hopefully our cowboys will bounce back a little better than the Raiders did since then.