Saints dangling FS Dwight Smith

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Smith is intriguing. I would give up Keith Davis and 5th for him. That pretty much solidifies the position for this season and we can see how Beriult's knee responds this year. I think Davis is the type of player that the Saints may be looking for (more of an SS type) so the hypotheticals aren't totally out of the realm of possibility.

SS

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Smith is a player but he's had some off the field troubles in the past.

I think he flashed a gun at somebody last year in a parking lot or something.

Yeah, a BB gun.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
First of all hey what's up my fellow fans long time since I've last posted but I've been reading though but I'm sorry guys but I would definatley give a second rounder for smith because for starters he's only 27 yrs old and we can get a solid 6 more seasons out of him he knows that cover 2 that we try to imitate so much and look horrible doing so. And u never know how these db's are really going to turn out really unless they're some top 10 talent its not garunteed... See amhad carrol, mike rumph, sammy davis, phillip buchanon, hell quentin jammer too. Also given think about our last few second rounders garoude,al johnson, jacob rodgers...ha ha antonio bryant, only one really worth mentioning is julius jones who was a bit of a dissapointment last season so in conclusion I would rather draft a carpenter or lawson at the other lb spot and have a pure ballhawk with corner back speed who has played cb also with roy williams and the guy lays the wood to be on the small side a little. I think if this team really wants to make a push for the bowl u get dwight smith not a late 2nd round safety who might not be able to pick up the coverages in this crucial run that we're trying to make.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Guess we have enough safties for now....

Since the aints wants Davis offer him and a 7th rd pick