Saints fan here in Big D

ArmoredSaint

Reaction score
Hello Cowboys faithful --

As you can see, I'm new around here. I'm a Saints fan living in Dallas and I was checking out other team boards when I stumbled across this one. It's a cool-looking site (VBulletin is a good format, IMO).

First of all, my condolences on the heartbreaking loss to Seattle. I like Romo and hated to see him bear the burden of that loss. However, I think it will make him a better QB in the years ahead. When you've experienced the lows, the highs will be a lot sweeter. As a Saints fan, I know this very well. I would've liked to have seen you guys pull it out against the Hawks, so we could have had our rematch the next week (I know you guys wanted it as well).

I was here when the 'Boys were winning Super Bowls in the 1990s and I remember the buzz around here. It was an exciting and fun time to be here. I remember thinking, "I hope someday soon that my team will experience this feeling." If we get past the Bears, we will have that chance.

I also like the look of what will be the new Cowboys stadium. Personally, I think the City of Dallas (i.e. Laura Miller) and the Dallas County Commissioners Court screwed the pooch in letting it slip away to Arlington. Let's face it, Fair Park is in dire need of a makeover and the new stadium would've put that project on the fast track.

Once again, I dig the board and look forward to conversing with you guys in the near future.

Sincerely,

Armored

locked&loaded

Reaction score
we want peyton back :D

welcome, and sense i hate the bears i guess i can say go saints.

ArmoredSaint

Reaction score
Thanks! I heard that when Payton was with the Cowboys, Parcells wouldn't go with a lot of the plays that he drew up for the offense. Don't know if there's anything to that, but that's what I heard.

So do ya think Parcells is coming back? My sense is that he will. He's getting up there in years and I think he wants to see it through.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
ArmoredSaint;1318663 said:
Thanks! I heard that when Payton was with the Cowboys, Parcells wouldn't go with a lot of the plays that he drew up for the offense. Don't know if there's anything to that, but that's what I heard.

So do ya think Parcells is coming back? My sense is that he will. He's getting up there in years and I think he wants to see it through.

i can see that. i am 99 percent sure hes coming back, its one of those cant live with cant live wihtout things. football seems to be his life and ill welcome him back with open arms. I really think were not to far away, you coudl tell by his expression on the sideline he was puzzled and amazed when his team wasnt doing well, or thats how i took it. He really believes in this team and i know he wants to go out on top.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ArmoredSaint;1318619 said:

As you can see, I'm new around here. I'm a Saints fan living in Dallas and I was checking out other team boards when I stumbled across this one. It's a cool-looking site (VBulletin is a good format, IMO).

First of all, my condolences on the heartbreaking loss to Seattle. I like Romo and hated to see him bear the burden of that loss. However, I think it will make him a better QB in the years ahead. When you've experienced the lows, the highs will be a lot sweeter. As a Saints fan, I know this very well. I would've liked to have seen you guys pull it out against the Hawks, so we could have had our rematch the next week (I know you guys wanted it as well).

I was here when the 'Boys were winning Super Bowls in the 1990s and I remember the buzz around here. It was an exciting and fun time to be here. I remember thinking, "I hope someday soon that my team will experience this feeling." If we get past the Bears, we will have that chance.

I also like the look of what will be the new Cowboys stadium. Personally, I think the City of Dallas (i.e. Laura Miller) and the Dallas County Commissioners Court screwed the pooch in letting it slip away to Arlington. Let's face it, Fair Park is in dire need of a makeover and the new stadium would've put that project on the fast track.

Once again, I dig the board and look forward to conversing with you guys in the near future.

Sincerely,

Armored

welcome to the board!

you sound like a very classy person.

the saints look as if they will be a force for several years to come.

i was a huge fan of drew brees when he was at purdue.

i wish like hell we could of drafted him.

good luck to the saints....

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Your team got lucky Saturday.

Eagles should be playing in the Championship game.

Let's go Bears.

ArmoredSaint

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1318839 said:

Let's go Bears.

You guys played a good game, but it wasn't enough. Besides, gaining 200+ rushing yards against the Iggles doesn't exactly constitute luck.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
ArmoredSaint;1318619 said:

Sincerely,

Armored

Well said, welcome to the Big D. And go Saints!!!

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
ArmoredSaint;1318854 said:
You guys played a good game, but it wasn't enough. Besides, gaining 200+ rushing yards against the Iggles doesn't exactly constitute luck.

True, the run defense of the Eagles was pathetic.

The offsides on 4th down is what pissed me off.

o well...have only 8 months until my team plays again...ugh

I did love that hit on Bush...couldn't find a picture...kind of looked like this though.

17.aspx

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. I am pulling for the Saints this weekend. Hope you enjoy it here.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1318839 said:

Let's go Bears.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

And eagle fans made fun of Cowboy fans who said the same thing about the Seahawks ....

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Well, I can see you're an intelligent Saints fan. You chose to live in Dallas instead of that other rat infested city below sea level.

ArmoredSaint

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1320286 said:
Well, I can see you're an intelligent Saints fan. You chose to live in Dallas instead of that other rat infested city below sea level.

Thanks, CJ. N'awlins is a great place to have a good time, but there's no way in hell I would live there. The city was a basket case before Katrina. Then again, Brad and Angelina bought a house in the Quarter........