Saints fans file lawsuit to NFL to overturn game

nathanlt

Reaction score
Why should the saints even have to file? The NFL should seek to make sure its brand isn't illegitimate, but apparently doesn't care. The NFL is so bad at football, they're ruining the sport. Now it is PHOOTBALL.

And, by turning football into PHOOTBALL, they've ruined the Cowboys as well. I despise the NFL leadership right now.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Why should the saints even have to file? The NFL should seek to make sure its brand isn't illegitimate, but apparently doesn't care. The NFL is so bad at football, they're ruining the sport. Now it is PHOOTBALL.

And, by turning football into PHOOTBALL, they've ruined the Cowboys as well. I despise the NFL leadership right now.
They ruined the Cowboys long before this happened to the Saints. Did anyone here file a lawsuit?

nathanlt

Reaction score
They ruined the Cowboys long before this happened to the Saints. Did anyone here file a lawsuit?

Cowboys and Cubbies?? That's as American as you can get when it comes to being a fan!

I see your point, though and agree with it! It's just really evident when a pure Dallas fan like me is infuriated over incompetence in officiating for a game that doesn't include the Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Saints saw what threatening to sue the league did for Dallas. Goodell can open a can of whoopass on owners. Lawsuit had to come from private sector.
Maybe. But to me, the entire city and its fans are being a huge PITA to the NFL right now, and Mr Goodell holds grudges. Some guy is buying billboards all over the city of Atlanta with the “Saints got robbed” and NFL Bleaux It” on the signs.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Maybe. But to me, the entire city and its fans are being a huge PITA to the NFL right now, and Mr Goodell holds grudges. Some guy is buying billboards all over the city of Atlanta with the “Saints got robbed” and NFL Bleaux It” on the signs.

You made the right choice being a Cowboys fans. You said Saints fans are proud of their lack of education. That is just sad, same people I been dealing with through junior and high school over here as well. Except the people here don't care about Americans and most can't speak English. Look like we are both stuck in places we hate but as much as I hate LA, there are far worst city (Detroit, Baltimore, etc...) in the U.S to live in.

Since you mention Saints fans are not very smart, can't they see this is going to backfire on them badly? The way they treated the refs this game will probably make all refs hold grudge against them. Bill Vinovich and crew who hate the Rams might end up in favor of the Rams from now on. Goodell will certainly hold grudge and if the sue the NFL, there a good chance the NFL could move the Saints to another city altogether. Not to mention not a good look for NO and their fans.

jsb357

Reaction score
Challenge Goodell?

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
You made the right choice being a Cowboys fans. You said Saints fans are proud of their lack of education. That is just sad, same people I been dealing with through junior and high school over here as well. Except the people here don't care about Americans and most can't speak English. Look like we are both stuck in places we hate but as much as I hate LA, there are far worst city (Detroit, Baltimore, etc...) in the U.S to live in.

Since you mention Saints fans are not very smart, can't they see this is going to backfire on them badly? The way they treated the refs this game will probably make all refs hold grudge against them. Bill Vinovich and crew who hate the Rams might end up in favor of the Rams from now on. Goodell will certainly hold grudge and if the sue the NFL, there a good chance the NFL could move the Saints to another city altogether. Not to mention not a good look for NO and their fans.
Can the NFL move a team without the owner requesting it? No so sure about that.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

Yes to everything you said here...I’ve been thinking this might backfire badly. They’re acting like spoiled children who had a toy taken away. I was feeling their pain on Sunday. I still use the hashtag #ItWasACatch occasionally on Twitter...that’s never going to stop hurting, and I understood how Saints fans were feeling. But I didn’t think they’d make a spectacle of themselves over it (although I should have known :rolleyes:).

nathanlt

Reaction score
Yes to everything you said here...I’ve been thinking this might backfire badly. They’re acting like spoiled children who had a toy taken away. I was feeling their pain on Sunday. I still use the hashtag #ItWasACatch occasionally on Twitter...that’s never going to stop hurting, and I understood how Saints fans were feeling. But I didn’t think they’d make a spectacle of themselves over it (although I should have known :rolleyes:).

I don't think the Saints are making a spectacle of themselves, respectfully. Actually, all fans should be joining this as a class action lawsuit, because the NFL is banishing football as we know it, and making it a phony sport, phootball.

The outcome of phootball games is determined by the refs, whether through malicious vindictive motivation or ignorance / incompetence. Does it matter which one? The sport that I've known, football no longer exists. I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

The draft no longer matters in phootball, the refs have more influence than new talent.
The free agency market no longer matters in phootball, the referees will nullify talent
The Super Bowl doesn't matter in phootball, it won't be based on the quality of sport, or the rules themselves. The best team won't win unless the refs allow it.
All regular season games do not matter in phootball for the same reasons as the upcoming Super Bowl.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not actually going to be boycotting football as I originally thought. Football doesn't even exist anymore.

Last edited:

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I don't think the Saints are making a spectacle of themselves, respectfully. Actually, all fans should be joining this as a class action lawsuit, because the NFL is banishing football as we know it, and making it a phony sport, phootball.

I actually agree with you, but how do we expect the NFL to correct this wrong? By overturning the result of this game when there were bad calls in many others that went ignored? That would not be fair.... I can’t sign on to that.

You’re going to laugh at this (maybe) but I read a comment from a Vikings fan today who said if the Saints win this suit, he’s immediately going to file one to overturn the result of their game against us in ‘75. He’s certain there was a missed OPI call on that Hail Mary pass. That’s silly, but where would this end?

One more thing: Dez caught it. :thumbup:

nathanlt

Reaction score
I actually agree with you, but how do we expect the NFL to correct this wrong? By overturning the result of this game when there were bad calls in many others that went ignored? That would not be fair.... I can’t sign on to that.

You’re going to laugh at this (maybe) but I read a comment from a Vikings fan today who said if the Saints win this suit, he’s immediately going to file one to overturn the result of their game against us in ‘75. He’s certain there was a missed OPI call on that Hail Mary pass. That’s silly, but where would this end?

First, I'm obviously on board with the Dez caught it . For me, the Cowboys Packers game itself is forever suspended 1st and goal, Dallas ball with a few minutes left to go in the 4th.

I agree that there are many offensive pass interference calls missed, it is generally a subjective call. However, this one was clearly not. I recognize that it's a huge problem from a PR standpoint and a precedent standpoint for silly conclusions where 80 year old guys take the field to correct a wrong in 1975.

Whatever the absurdity of the proper method to rectify it, the absurdity of the present condition of phootball is unacceptable as well. Goodell has destroyed football.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Can the NFL move a team without the owner requesting it? No so sure about that.

Probably not but the NFL can take away draft pick for fans using whistles. I mean they took away draft picks from the Falcons for pumping artificial noise.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score

Have you always been in New Orlean? Like were you born in NOLA? You seem no different from any Cowboys fans on this site and I consider Cowboys friends to actually be friendly and smart.

I'm from Nashville, TN and forced to live in LA for most of my life. So I'm nothing like typical LA folks. Probably the most superficial people you can ever meet.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score

Without a doubt Dez caught it. Cowboys absolutely got rob.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Have you always been in New Orlean? Like were you born in NOLA? You seem no different from any Cowboys fans on this site and I consider Cowboys friends to actually be friendly and smart.

I'm from Nashville, TN and forced to live in LA for most of my life. So I'm nothing like typical LA folks. Probably the most superficial people you can ever meet.

Born and raised here...actually born in NOLA and moved (at the age of 3) to Metairie, a suburb just west of NOLA. I don’t know why, but I’m just not like the majority of people here.

Flamma

Reaction score
What these people fail to understand is that little rule they keep pointing to for a results change does not include judgement calls. PI is a judgement call. Rams are going to the SB.

I have some sympathy for the Saints players but none for the fans. It's never a good look to beg the refs to give you the game, no matter how blatant. The one thing I won't do is blame Sean Peyton for passing now that I saw the Rams had 2 timeouts. Had the Saints ran the ball 3 times the Rams would have had around a minute left to get into FG range. An eternity. So I don't blame him for going for the TD.