Saints got the WR I wanted

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Landry would’ve been a downgrade over Cooper. I really believe moving on from Amari is going to come back to bite us this season, especially with Gallup likely to be put on PUP causing him to miss several games. Even when he returns he’s not likely to be back to form after missing all of training camp. It usually takes a receiver a full year to recover from an ACL.

conner01

Reaction score
They are thinking they would rather keep the $6M for themselves rather than spend it on a football player.
Doesn’t really make them more money
In the end we spend almost all of the cap each year and roll over the rest and spend it the next year

fansince68

Reaction score
The Saints have had a pretty good off season. It just got better with the addition of Jarvis Landry. That is going to to be as hard to handle WR trio as any team in the league. Thomas, Landry, and Olave. I really wanted the Cowboys FO to go after Landry. He got a one year 6 million dollar deal. If we couldn’t do that, than WTH are they thinking?
We like our guys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Saints have had a pretty good off season. It just got better with the addition of Jarvis Landry. That is going to to be as hard to handle WR trio as any team in the league. Thomas, Landry, and Olave. I really wanted the Cowboys FO to go after Landry. He got a one year 6 million dollar deal. If we couldn’t do that, than WTH are they thinking?
Landry is the definition of a jag. And an over priced one at that.

slick325

Reaction score
:laugh:
Sour puss!

fwiw, I do think people are overlooking New Orleans this year.
Looking at the whole roster, they look like a playoff team to me.

They were 5-2 before Winston went down last year and they were missing so many key pieces. Both trenches look strong. Solid team.

Btw, I'm fine with us not getting Landry.

Agreed regarding the Saints. Good defense. Good in the trenches. Williams, Kamara, Landry, Hill...they will be good if they are healthy.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
They have learned the hard way that WR is a worthless commodity in Dallas when # 4 is your QB!:(
Correct Dez and Coop????

Yeah that’s why Dez has been totally dominating on other teams since he got cut, right? Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

plasticman

Reaction score
Simply put, the Cowboys feel they have enough firepower on offense despite losing Cooper and Smith.

One thing you can't say about the Cowboys is that they are unwilling to spend money. You can question how they go about doing it but they are not stingy. They aren't trying to keep cap money for themselves.

It's good to have a little extra money just before the start of the season. What if an important player goes down for the season and he has to be replaced by a veteran free agent or trade?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
:laugh:
Sour puss!

fwiw, I do think people are overlooking New Orleans this year.
Looking at the whole roster, they look like a playoff team to me.

They were 5-2 before Winston went down last year and they were missing so many key pieces. Both trenches look strong. Solid team.

Btw, I'm fine with us not getting Landry.

Not sure about the coach. Peyton was a good one. Allen didn't exactly look good in his last head coaching stop (8-28).

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I agree. Our FO are such a cheapskate that they think they are smarter than everyone else. 6 million is dirt cheap for Landry.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys don't get first dibs on every player. Landry grew up 40 miles from New Orleans, so for all we know that played into his decision.

RandyOh

Reaction score
they wasn't gonna spend 6 mil on Landry. What they are gonna spend do is on 6 million spread out among 2 or 3 players once vets they like get cut during training camp.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
As long as Crab Legs is at QB they will not use him correctly....
gif-crab.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

The receiver I wanted was Olave. He is going to kickass in the NFL. I don't know why our team had to wait so long to get rid of Conner Williams. If they had replaced him last year, we could had one of these stud receivers in this year's draft.