News: Saints only ran 10 times against the Jets

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the Saints only ran those few running plays that is really bad news for us.

Brees, if he stays on that game plant, will destroy our secondary.

So that brings us back to OUR offense. Mr. Callahan: We need a running game, too, dadgumit. Not only to give us balance but to allow us to keep the ball for more time. If we do this, we give Brees less time to destroy our secondary.

I know, it's a complex process, but do what I say and we might half a chance, Mr. Callahan.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Need to know QB on his butt and pressure him with a linebacker, passing is where the Saints can beat us.

theSHOW

Reaction score
im hoping to see a solid cowboy crowd in norleans sunday. Home field advantage taken away.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If the Saints only ran those few running plays that is really bad news for us.

Brees, if he stays on that game plant, will destroy our secondary.

So that brings us back to OUR offense. Mr. Callahan: We need a running game, too, dadgumit. Not only to give us balance but to allow us to keep the ball for more time. If we do this, we give Brees less time to destroy our secondary.

I know, it's a complex process, but do what I say and we might half a chance, Mr. Callahan.

I wish that I could go down to Nawleans...with the Cowboys, win or lose. I love that city...been there many times. Now the Cowboys are going on a road trip. If Garrett lets them go down on Bourbon ST. I will lose some respect for Coach Garrett....for not taking me.

I want to see if this young team can handle the glitter of a Sunday Night game. Win or lose...

theSHOW

Reaction score
Barry Switzer would have let the team do Bourbon. In fact he would be with them

Reaction score
It's important to me that we CAN run the ball if need be - not that we run a certain number of times. Problems seems to me that we can't get running yards on obvious running downs b/c our run blocking is awful.

There are going to be times in games where you NEED to run the ball (and the clock). If you can't, well..............on comes your defense and in our case.........you know what that means.

Is it important to be able to run the ball? Of course it is. Is it important to run the ball X amount of times? Not necessarily - not in this day and age.

My sentiments as well. There are times when you need to run the ball and for the rest of the time the opponent must at least respect your ability to run. Once that's in place they can pass all they want. This whole "hand the ball to Demarco 20 times and we win" is crap if we're unable to make first downs.