Saints player Tweets Goodell

Flamma

Reaction score
How about something like "The officials missed that call. It was unfortunate, as are any other mistakes in judgement. However, it is a sport played, coached and officiated by imperfect human beings and mistakes or differences in judgement are to be expected. That said, we are looking at ways to minimize these mistakes in the future to the extent that is reasonably possible."

Frankly, I believe the Commish isn't speaking on advice from the NFL lawyers. There are only 2 things the NFL fears - loss of revenue and litigation. To the later, many of the "player safety" rules aren't spurred by a sincere desire to improve player safety, but to have a defensible position in litigation.

That was very well stated. I agree on all counts in this post. But how often have commissioners commented on bad calls in general? He is probably taking the route to not set a precedent. But I do now agree he could have smoothed it over a bit by saying something similar to what you suggested.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I thought Goodell was a ***** after suspending Wade Wilson back in 2007, I’ve disliked this guy for a long time.....