Saints sign Champ Bailey

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
you're right 12x Pro Bowlers always get overrated

Wait, you are going to use a popularity contest like the Pro Bowl as a tool to argue against someone being overrated?

Jenky

Reaction score
Ah, Champ Bailey. The only Commander player I ever liked.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Champ's level of play has plummeted off of a cliff. I wouldn't of signed him IMO. Much better options

Fredd

Reaction score
well, to put it plainly, he's no champ any longer

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What a stupid comment. There is a big difference between adding a HOFer like Bailey in his prime and an over the hill Bailey. If I'm a Saint fan I'm not thrilled with this signing.

I think he could play S and some special packages although I certainly don't know that esp after last year's performance foot injury or not. He's kinda expensive for playing a third or fourth corner snaps.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I still question on how good of a signing it is.

A HOF mentor is a perfectly fine... Not sure how much of an affect it will have though.

We'll see.

I also wouldn't have liked Dallas to have signed him.

If his foot is healed and he could play limited snaps at corner when needed and mentor and allow our young safeties to develop then I'd have liked him at safety but I knew it would never happen. It'd have to be basically a two year contract voidable after one and that one at the right price. Which he was never going to sign for. That's a lot of ifs; too many.