Saints vs Bucs

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Vs a team that didn't have a QB....EXCUSES are weak.
There ya go! They kept talking about TB's QB didn't have his weapons........
Well NO's weapons didn't have their QB. :muttley: And I'm still with Romo, Brady IS slow. :D

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That helps the Cowboy's 1 seed chances. Shame Green Bay pulled out that one today. But their remaining games against the the Brown's and Vikings aren't gimmes.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
If Dallas would have hired Meyer, things would have been completely different. Meyer did not have a chance with the Jags. There was a leak in that organization that was feeding the media since the first day Meyer arrived. Without the back-stabber, things would have went much better. The worst thing that he did was insulting players and coaches when they screwed up. After reading what was said, it showed how soft and spoiled the players and coaches were instead of how bad Meyer was. Meyer made some mistakes, but he never had a chance due to the media. Jimmy Johnson had done things that was much worse and Jimmy had said things that was more insulting to players and coaches. The difference was that Jimmy didn’t have people in the organization that was leaking everything to the media. During Jimmy’s time, social media didn’t exist and media didn’t have the access to the team like they have now.

Sorry Mrs. Meyer, I'm sure your boy is a great kid.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
The crazy thing is we are the number two seed and if everybody hold serve next week a victory over Arizona could actually drop us down to third seed because there’s no more three team tie. Sucks

The Rams would take the division lead if the Cowboys beat the Cardinals and it would still be a three-team tiebreaker.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Dallas would have hired Meyer, things would have been completely different. Meyer did not have a chance with the Jags. There was a leak in that organization that was feeding the media since the first day Meyer arrived. Without the back-stabber, things would have went much better. The worst thing that he did was insulting players and coaches when they screwed up. After reading what was said, it showed how soft and spoiled the players and coaches were instead of how bad Meyer was. Meyer made some mistakes, but he never had a chance due to the media. Jimmy Johnson had done things that was much worse and Jimmy had said things that was more insulting to players and coaches. The difference was that Jimmy didn’t have people in the organization that was leaking everything to the media. During Jimmy’s time, social media didn’t exist and media didn’t have the access to the team like they have now.

Oh, I'm sure it was someone else's fault for him hiring Jack Doyle, skipping the team plane, and having that incident at the pub. It's always someone else's fault except him. I get it. It's never poor Urban's fault. Oh, and it was the kicker's fault he got kicked. Come on. Meyer wasn't ready and is not NFL head coaching material. That much was clear. We all knew his first season would be rough. But Khan gave him control over that team and probably would've given him at least 3+ seasons to turn it around. He sucked and his extracurricular activities were good ways to get sacked.

terra

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure it was someone else's fault for him hiring Jack Doyle, skipping the team plane, and having that incident at the pub. It's always someone else's fault except him. I get it. It's never poor Urban's fault. Oh, and it was the kicker's fault he got kicked. Come on. Meyer wasn't ready and is not NFL head coaching material. That much was clear. We all knew his first season would be rough. But Khan gave him control over that team and probably would've given him at least 3+ seasons to turn it around. He sucked and his extracurricular activities were good ways to get sacked.
Its always someone elses fault with some people. No personal responsibility.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Because the Bucs have a quarterback who has proven he can turn it on when the games get more difficult, and we don't?
Because the Bucs quarterback is not in a six-game slump?
Because even with all three of our top receivers playing along with two worthy backs, our quarterback isn't playing well?
Because in the playoffs, quarterback play is of utmost important and Brady and Rodgers have considerably more experience than ours?
Because coaching matters - along with innovative play calling - and our team seems to be lacking in that area compared to the other teams?
But if we're in the playoffs, there's always a puncher's chance.

The Saints defense mauled Brady. Our defense is better then the Saints. Defenses win championships. The Bucs are the best team in the league. We can beat them any given Sunday. I love our chances to make it out of the NFC this year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Saints defense mauled Brady. Our defense is better then the Saints. Defenses win championships. The Bucs are the best team in the league. We can beat them any given Sunday. I love our chances to make it out of the NFC this year.
First, the Saints match up better with the Bucs than we did, which is why the Bucs beat us earlier in the season.
Second, division rivalries are always unpredictable. I don't know whether comparing what the Saints did against the Bucs is equivalent to what we would do as a non-divisional opponent.
Third, technically, the Packers are the best team in the league by virtue of their record.
Fourth, you're correct any given Sunday.
Last, I love our chances because we'll be in the playoff tournaments. You only have a chance if you make it. So, there you are correct. However, I can't lie and say I'm not concerned about this offense, which includes concerns about the quarterback, the offensive line, our running game and our play calling. And those deficiencies can be lethal against Brady, Rodgers, the Rams and the 49ers, should they make it.
But ... keep hope alive. :) I aint mad at you. In fact, your optimism is warranted and wanted. :)

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First, the Saints match up better with the Bucs than we did, which is why the Bucs beat us earlier in the season.
Second, division rivalries are always unpredictable. I don't know whether comparing what the Saints did against the Bucs is equivalent to what we would do as a non-divisional opponent.
Third, technically, the Packers are the best team in the league by virtue of their record.
Fourth, you're correct any given Sunday.
Last, I love our chances because we'll be in the playoff tournaments. You only have a chance if you make it. So, there you are correct. However, I can't lie and say I'm not concerned about this offense, which includes concerns about the quarterback, the offensive line, our running game and our play calling. And those deficiencies can be lethal against Brady, Rodgers, the Rams and the 49ers, should they make it.
But ... keep hope alive. :) I aint mad at you. In fact, your optimism is warranted and wanted. :)

I’m not understanding this line of thinking honestly. How many years have we made the playoffs with a high powered offense and we always get bounced every single time, why? Always because of our defense. So I don’t see the problem with finally going once with an offense that isn’t lighting the world on fire, but a defense that is lights out. Maybe that’s exactly what we need

Fmart322

Reaction score
Somebody said earlier that this is the first time Brady has been shut out, or something like that. If true, this is a massive upset. Dudes been on the league longer than some posters have been alive
I think I heard it was his 3rd time

Fmart322

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure it is too...or it's just penny change to an NFL organization.

I just meant I can't throw a computer at my job. Or my own. Too much comparative value
I wouldn't be surprised if they pay the NFL to use their products.
Similar to coke at Disney

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not sure the Saints' success means we'd have similar success. However, we are definitely a better defense than when we first faced them. Unfortunately, we're also a worse offense than we were at that time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I’m not understanding this line of thinking honestly. How many years have we made the playoffs with a high powered offense and we always get bounced every single time, why? Always because of our defense. So I don’t see the problem with finally going once with an offense that isn’t lighting the world on fire, but a defense that is lights out. Maybe that’s exactly what we need

First, our defense was good enough in 2007. Our high-powered offense failed us.

Second, why do we need our offense to step up? Because our defense built its reputation on the likes of Matt Ryan and the lowly Falcons, Jalen Hurts, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Taysom Hill, Taylor Heinicke, rookie Mac Jones and got carved up by Teddy Bridgewater and Derek (I've got a fast) Carr. Yes, it held Patrick Mahomes to 19 points, but that's exactly why many of us are concerned about our offense scoring only nine points. Is a repeat going to occur in the playoffs.

Third, we're not going against scrub quarterbacks or Eli Mannings in the playoffs. We're likely going against the two best quarterbacks of this generation in Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Do you think our defense is going to shut them down without our offense putting up points?

No, we need to be firing on all cylinders - offense, defense, special teams and coaching.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If the Bucs win I think we can kiss the 1 seed goodbye. This game is huge for the Cowboys tonight.

Bucs remaining schedule is

Panthers

Jets

Panthers

GB remaining schedule is

Browns

Vikings

Lions
A bucs win makes no difference. We need to win out and go lose 1 game. Then we NEED the bucs to win out.