Salary Cap Update

John813

Reaction score
So you’re saying this off-season with be fun?

we won’t have to convince ourselves Kerry Hyder, Chris Covington and those guys are taking us to the ship

The next Hyder & Covington and other bums will be.

Believe.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's going to be a fun off season and we all deserve it. New coach, staff, plenty of cap and a mid first round pick.

As low as it is now I promise you there will be excitement around here by the summer.

LOL.

Wait until Jerry hires Tyrone Willingham as his next head coach.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here is the problem. First, Dallas has about 18 free agents in 2020. Archer is claiming they have 38 players signed. He must be counting UFAs or something. In any case, with Cooper, Dak, Jones, Anthony Brown, Cobb, Austin, Covington, Heath, M. Collins, Antuan Woods, Hyder, all needing contracts (these are all guys who play every week) $89 million can go quickly. And this list doesn't include Quinn, Looney, and others who are role players that will have to be replaced if they are not re-signed. Take Quinn for example, if he is not re-signed who takes his place? Dorance Armstrong? Maybe Randy Gregory? Anyone want to depend on Randy Gregory hanging around for a full season? Compounding this problem is the Cowboys unwillingness to sign top free agents to fill holes or replace their own free agents. The reason this is a problem is because the other three teams in their division and the rest of the NFC are, and will! You know that edge rusher you want to replace Quinn? He may wind up in Philadelphia or NY. Or what about that top 5 CB? Him too!. Byron Jones to the Giants? Cooper to the Eagles? The nightmares are endless.

I am not suggesting we should sign guys to keep them from going to our competitors. The point is they are all willing to do everything necessary to improve their rosters. The Cowboys cannot stand still. They need to get better because someone else surely is. At the same time, there are teams already way better than Dallas.

foofighters

Reaction score
With teams being told the 2020 salary cap will be in the range of $196.8 million to $201.2 million, that helps the Cowboys to a degree. According to ESPN Stats & Information, they have $132.35 million committed toward the cap in 2020 but that is with just 38 players under contract. The Cowboys will have ample cap space with the ability to create more room through releases, pay cuts and restructures.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
I thought you had a Captain America update...

willia451

Reaction score
"The Process" is over. The new HC and (hopefully) his staff need to articulate a vision of what this team needs to look like in no more than 2-3 years (yes, we are that far away) to get to an NFCCG. Not just compete for one. GET THERE.

You can't just say "We need to resign all these players or we'll stink next year." Who cares? We stink right now. And last year too. Let's get real.

Like Troy said. At this point you need a top-to-bottom analysis of the entire organization. Owner, FO, GM, HC, coaching staff, players. Nothing can be "safe".

If that doesn't happen there really won't be much to get excited about in my mind. Next year will be just another year trying to get above our default of 8-8 and make something happen.

Just like every other year before since 1996.

slick325

Reaction score
It's going to be a fun off season and we all deserve it. New coach, staff, plenty of cap and a mid first round pick.

As low as it is now I promise you there will be excitement around here by the summer.

Who is this "look on the bright side" version of Risen? I don't know you at all anymore.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
We were supposed to contend before while our qb and running back were in their rookie contracts.

Now it’s gonna be more difficult. Not impossible but a lot harder

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Next year will be more of the same with a different fall guy to blame.