Sam Williams was a Great Round 2 Pick!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DLaw was also a 2.

The biggest indictment was not once, not even twice…but three times they took a TE when they already had a HOFer in his prime at the position.
I don't see taking a TE as a problem per se.
- If MartyB played for the Cowboys like he played after he departed, the offense would have been almost unstoppable.
- MB was a top notch blocker with the Cowboys..as good of an inline blocker as any Cowboys TE.
- The Pats showed that 2 starting TEs could be a successful approach.

The issue is that they drafted a large number of injury issue and character issue players in the 2nd round.

Proof

Reaction score
that can change, correct

The names Diggs and Williams says they are having some success. .. those that mock Gregory he did get paid A LOT to go elsewhere. 2nd round narratives are a little overstated. no teams have perfect drafts in any rounds.

Looks like the next narrative is 3rd round reaches or busts.

"history" yes it can change and they've gotten some gems recently. hopefully it continues.

Proof

Reaction score
DLaw was also a 2.

The biggest indictment was not once, not even twice…but three times they took a TE when they already had a HOFer in his prime at the position.

marty b was an excellent pick though and should have been a difference maker for us. gavin escobar (RIP) was a terrible pick. over kelce too :(

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I hated the pick at the time. I wanted Nakobe Dean.

But then I realized that the Cowboys had done exactly what I'd been asking them to do for years; take a strong DL prospect from the SEC in the 2nd round.

I calmed down and took a wait and see approach after that.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
I'll never forget ppl on this board said he was a bust in preseason because he wasn't dominating preseason competition

Reactions: BAT

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
I wanted him badly. Can’t have enough and he not only has speed but extreme power to go with it. He should’ve been a 1st round pick and we was scalded for reaching in the second!! Gotta love it

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that can change, correct

The names Diggs and Williams says they are having some success. .. those that mock Gregory he did get paid A LOT to go elsewhere. 2nd round narratives are a little overstated. no teams have perfect drafts in any rounds.

Looks like the next narrative is 3rd round reaches or busts.
It's the boom or bust risk picks in the 2nd round that we have trouble with.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
He's been great but we'll have to see how he is in the off seasons. Part of the reason he wasn't ranked lower was because of off the field or maturity issues, let's hope we don't hear his name in May-July

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sam has the prototype Terrell Suggs build and similar game. Plays heavy handed and powerful. Has enough quicks to get home as well. He's really good at setting the edge and stuffing the run.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hated the pick at the time. I wanted Nakobe Dean.

But then I realized that the Cowboys had done exactly what I'd been asking them to do for years; take a strong DL prospect from the SEC in the 2nd round.

I calmed down and took a wait and see approach after that.
the kid has been solid.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
DLaw was also a 2.

No they didn't. That's impossible.
A player has to be retired for five years before they are even eligible for the Hall of Fame. So what you said is impossible.
:muttley:LOL-JK.
just picking with you.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
He’s got six games to continue to develop then we’re in the playoffs. That could be exciting.