Benched
Reaction score
Sammie Stroughter Scouting Report

School & Year/Status: Oregon St. - Senior
Height & Weight: 5'10 - 183 lbs.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
person
Sammie Stroughter, WR, Oregon St.

Stroughter was believed to be a possible 1st round pick going into the 2007 season. Prior to the season he lost two very influential male role models in his life and fell into a deep depression. He was granted a medical redshirt for the season after suffering a season ending kidney injury and went through intensive counseling and returned to the team prior to the 2008 season. Early indications lead most to believe that he has not suffered physically from missing last year's season. Stroughter will continue to see his stock rise as long as he continues to be productive. He should also benefit from first year starter Shane Morales' success, so that he is not constantly double teamed. Stroughter has great speed and will at the least be a legitimate deep threat in the NFL. He also has very good skills as a punt returner. Stroughter may not be able to climb back into the first round, but with continued success he will be a first day player. Stroughter has continued his impressive comeback when he has played without injury. He has 32 receptions for 445 yards and 4 touchdowns this year for an underrated Oregon State team. Stroughter's superb ball skills and quickness all but guarantee that he will be drafted in 2009 if he stays healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj72V5WzW0

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Gotta admit, thats exactly the type of wideout I'd like to see us draft. We need some quickness at the position.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I was watching Steve Smith on sportscenter, was watching a Terry Glenn video got me thinking about Desean Jackson.....

I'm looking for that kinda playmaker, quicks, speed and this kid jumped out at me with some WOW factor. Those moves, cuts look legit in PAC 10.

He has slipped a lot with depression then injury in 2007. This is the perfect #3 type that can also return. A td or 2 on punt return swings games and 15-25 yard returns also creates positive field position. We have been devoid of that for a long long time.