Sammy Watkins & Allen Robinson likely to hit open market

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
At 24 years old Watkins has been in the league 4 years he carries a career 15.9 YPC average and has 25 TD's on 192 catches (one TD every 7.6 catches). he didn't have a great 1st season with the Rams but if you look at his time with Buffalo he was well on his way to being a solid #1 guy before some injuries hurt him in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. The Rams aren't going to let him get away without a fight but don't expect him to be available as a FA long once he gets there

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

How was what you said sarcasm?

I see that line used so often on here, and it drives me insane.
"Well if the ____ cut ____ then he can't be good"
"Why are they trying to trade him if hes so good"

It's lazy. Teams get productive players that hace been cut or traded every single year.

Now this line was used pertaining to two free agents who weren't cut, and both teams had debated using the franchise tag on each of them.

This isn't directed solely towards you so dont take it as such, I've just seen it so many times that it becomes insufferable.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How was what you said sarcasm?

I see that line used so often on here, and it drives me insane.
"Well if the ____ cut ____ then he can't be good"
"Why are they trying to trade him if hes so good"

It's lazy. Teams get productive players that hace been cut or traded every single year.

Now this line was used pertaining to two free agents who weren't cut, and both teams had debated using the franchise tag on each of them.

This isn't directed solely towards you so dont take it as such, I've just seen it so many times that it becomes insufferable.

Because I disagree with Mickey often, as most on this broad do. It’s sort of a running joke.

Some picked up on that and commented as so. I liked their comment and replied.

Read the beginning of the thread for varification.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watkins loves Coach Lal from their BUF days. Would be ideal opposite of Dez. Robinson would be ideal replacement for Dez. Both are young. If we are ever going to spend big in FA on a WR, Id like to see it on one of these two, or my personal favorite, a smaller deal for Donte Moncrief. Thoughts?
I expect Watkins in Dallas on a 1 year deal

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
At this point? I'd take another Miles.

Miles Austin when healthy was ridiculously good.

As soon as Troy Aikman called him one of the best WR's in the NFL it was like from that point forward he couldn't stay healthy.

Miles was a beast though. He played like Terry Glenn in a big WR's body.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BTW, if you could keep emotions out of it, getting rid of DEz's contract and signing Watkins or Robinson for half the price is really the right move.

IT would be a hard move for everyone involved but WR's are proven to be fools gold in the grand scheme of things and a guy like Watkins or Robinson would be more then good enough to replace Dez.

BTW, I don't know if cutting Dez would outright free up all of his contract cap space.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Miles Austin when healthy was ridiculously good.

As soon as Troy Aikman called him one of the best WR's in the NFL it was like from that point forward he couldn't stay healthy.

Miles was a beast though. He played like Terry Glenn in a big WR's body.
I loved Miles game. That's exactly what we could use right now. I don't think he belongs on the same list as Roy Williams and other guys who got paid and fell off. I think Miles hammy was more of a problem then his skill.