Sammy Watkins

Discussion in 'Roster Zone' started by juck, Dec 10, 2017.

1. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

538 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    of whats out there....Dez is better.
    draft a WR in 2nd Rd as an up-grade over TWill...in a couple years,he'll be ready to take over WR1 spot.
    Dez and DJ Moore>watkins and TWill

2. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,966 Messages
    2,093 Likes Received
    Speed is not the only component for a big play. There was a guy who ran 4.7 at the combine
    and became the most prolific WR in NFL history.... Jerry Rice.

Now, I'm not calling him the next Rice. I'm just saying I've watched him play and I think he'd be a star
    in this league, especially if he wore the star on his helmet.

dagreat1_87 likes this.
  3. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

5,490 Messages
    4,793 Likes Received
    I agree. Definitely could see him take a prove it contract or below value multi-year deal. Jags could let him walk with younger guys like Dede Westbrook, Cole, Mickens and then solid vets like Hurns and Lee.
    Robinson, when Bortles was a tad accurate blew up in 15 with 80 catches, 1400 yards and 14 TDs.
    Still had a good year in 16 with 73 catches but Blake was only putting up numbers in garbage time.

RoboQB likes this.
  4. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

19,088 Messages
    25,137 Likes Received
    If you are going to remake the WR corps............ and note, I am not saying I am totally on board with this.............. but I could see dumping Dez, trying to bring in a guy like Allen Robinson and then bringing in a speed guy like a Ridley or Kirk from A&M. I think Butler can be a fine #3 outside WR and then between Beasley and Switzer you have your slot guy with Brown as the #5.

5. John813

5,490 Messages
    4,793 Likes Received
    Replacing Bryant with Robinson would be an upgrade short and long term. Would be on board with that scenario.

Would prefer Dez and Robinson for 2018 however

6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is here Staff Member

69,923 Messages
    20,327 Likes Received
  7. John813

5,490 Messages
    4,793 Likes Received
    Franchise Watkins?

Oh yea, same team that gave Tavon Austin a huge deal to sit on the bench.

8. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

10,903 Messages
    4,350 Likes Received
    ...so I assume they have a long term deal with Aaron Donald all but official then