Santonio Holmes on the Hot List

rathalarge

Reaction score
Just gave a good interview, saying scouts have not really told him to improve on things with his game, but there is concern about his weight. Stated that he would like to talk with Joey Galloway and Terry Glenn to get advice on life in the NFL. Presented himself well during the interview. I agree with us probably going with an OLB with the #18 pick, but with the history of T.O. and Terry Glenn possibly missing games, can we pass up on what is thought to be one of only two sure first round WR's?

james56

Reaction score
rathalarge said:
Just gave a good interview, saying scouts have not really told him to improve on things with his game, but there is concern about his weight. Stated that he would like to talk with Joey Galloway and Terry Glenn to get advice on life in the NFL. Presented himself well during the interview. I agree with us probably going with an OLB with the #18 pick, but with the history of T.O. and Terry Glenn possibly missing games, can we pass up on what is thought to be one of only two sure first round WR's?

i think we should go for a wr next year, i dont know why people doubt crayton soo much, as long as he can bounce back from that injury, hes a fine back-up

ravidubey

Reaction score
james56 said:
i think we should go for a wr next year, i dont know why people doubt crayton soo much, as long as he can bounce back from that injury, hes a fine back-up
What we need is a future starter; a #1 WR-in-the-making. Crayton ain't it. Because of their age and injury history, Glenn and Owens are ticking time bombs.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Crayton is also very old for a 3rd year player. He was a 25-year-old rookie like Newman.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
rathalarge said:

Like someone else pointed out, having not seen lots of Buckeye games past couple of years, from the games I saw, I thought Holmes had questionable hands at times. Kind of like dropping some easy ones and make some good catches.

Maybe the Ohio State fans can say more about him, but I am not too high on this guy, but since I haven't seen a lot of games, I could be wrong.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
What we need is a future starter; a #1 WR-in-the-making. Crayton ain't it. Because of their age and injury history, Glenn and Owens are ticking time bombs.

if we want a future #1 WR, we'd get better value taking someone such as Jeff Webb, Jonathan Orr, someone with great skill, but is unpolished on the 2nd day

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
rathalarge said:

I would love to land Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes....we really need to get some young receivers that Bledsoe can help develop. I admit I'm worried about Glenn staying healthy, either way we need to draft or sign another receiver at some point.

lkelly

Reaction score
Did they ask him about the Child Tax Credit?

As for Ginn, he's not going to be an effective WR in the NFL until he learns to run routes, gets stronger, and decides he can take a hit. Just being a track guy doesn't cut it on the next level.

Bluefin

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
if we want a future #1 WR, we'd get better value taking someone such as Jeff Webb, Jonathan Orr, someone with great skill, but is unpolished on the 2nd day
The question is can we develop a future number one receiver out of a later (hell, even early) round selection?

We have been somewhere beyond putrid at developing wideouts in house for a very long time.

I believe Patrick Crayton will continue to progress and eventually become a solid number two receiver, but even Bill Parcells is questioning where Trick C is at after badly regressing following his return from injury last season.

Can we mine second day gold again and find a diamond in the rough capable of becoming something special?

Anything can happen, but finding 'the guy' at wide receiver is no picnic no matter when or where you are selecting.