Saquon Barkley expected to sign with Eagles

sunalsorises

Reaction score
That is more than I thought he would get. I guess his main bargaining point was, well I did play for the Giants.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But that tush push though
Will be interesting to see how successful that will be without Kelce manning the point of attack. Gotta think there's a drop off there. Hurts is still strong as a bull but have to figure there will be some hesitancy to continue running him as much after he started to break down last year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Moore also isn’t one to focus on his running game. He’s pass-happy, just like his Dallas predecessors.
I think that’s part of why we went with Barkley instead of Jacobs or Henry

Barkley is a very good pass blocker and a monster out of the backfield in flat routes and downfield. Kellen Moore could very well be the reason we went after SB

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that’s part of why we went with Barkley instead of Jacobs or Henry

Barkley is a very good pass blocker and a monster out of the backfield in flat routes and downfield. Kellen Moore could very well be the reason we went after SB
I was thinking the same. Barkley is excellent in the passing game. Definitely a better option than Henry in that area.

For me, it’s about health with Barkley. If he stays healthy, he should be very productive.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, no big deal. But he is a lot better than Swift who really didn't do anything until he became a Eagle.
and i fully disagree with you barkley is a parallel move, not an upgrade for sanders or swift.. swift was the lions tony pollard was averaging 5YPC or better, his issue like SB was injuries! he seemed to get over that with the shegals.. you can look at it how you want but The Dallas cowboys never had a problem beating the NYG with SB and we have won the DV 2 of the last 3 years with that elite gm and all those MOVES... it's already been proven the offseason moves and the paper champion dream teams are not typically winning the big one.

last i check paying a RB that type of money was allegedly a BAD move by this fan base but now its ok??hmmm

i'm not saying i don't want our front to make MORE moves but this overrating crap it happens too often too soon offseason judgment 6 months before game 1 with 100s of great payers still out there.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
most overrated player in the NFL. Guy gets way too much hype
It is crazy. He had one good year in 2018 and has been trash ever since. Older and more run down than ever. Why would anyone ever care about him unless you were his mother.

Redline360

Reaction score
Always like Barkley coming out of college and thought he would be great. Unfortunaly hasn't lived up to the hype however imo more to do with the giants OL. Ran behind a bottom tier line half his career and has injuries piling up.

Should be interesting to see what he does behind a better OL but the Eagles still got took. Crazy money for him.

plasticman

Reaction score
Of course he is.

Somehow the Eagles pulled another 14 mil a season out their b***s.

Barkley behind the Eagles offensive line. Cant't key on him, Hurts is just as likely to be the ball carrier. Any team, even the #1 overall defense, is going to be challenged.

However, Barkley is Barkley, not the durable sort.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
and i fully disagree with you barkley is a parallel move, not an upgrade for sanders or swift.. swift was the lions tony pollard was averaging 5YPC or better, his issue like SB was injuries! he seemed to get over that with the shegals.. you can look at it how you want but The Dallas cowboys never had a problem beating the NYG with SB and we have won the DV 2 of the last 3 years with that elite gm and all those MOVES... it's already been proven the offseason moves and the paper champion dream teams are not typically winning the big one.

last i check paying a RB that type of money was allegedly a BAD move by this fan base but now its ok??hmmm

i'm not saying i don't want our front to make MORE moves but this overrating crap it happens too often too soon offseason judgment 6 months before game 1 with 100s of great payers still out there.
LOL. Yeah

I'll tell you why you're wrong. Swift in Detroit never ran behind a line like they have in Philly. Barkley never had a line even close to what they had in Philly, quite frankly New York had one of the worst lines in football. He could explode this year not just as a receiver, but runner. Different category than Swift. Sanders was a backup to Barkley. Going out and getting Barkley is an anomaly. It's something Philadelphia has really never done under Roseman. They have to see something in him to make that type of investment when they don't normally value running backs.

Last edited: