Saquon Barkley

RonWashington

Reaction score
Why would the Giants weigh down it’s salary cap structure for a RB who seems to fight major injury through out his pro career . As I’ve mentioned over in the Cowboys side of the fence a house cleaning seems in order in the RB room come training camp . No franchise of TP and cut your cap loses with 21.

Giants would be nuts to invest in 26 . And on the topic Sanders and Gibson will be on new teams no second contracts in Philly & Wash .

Flamma

Reaction score
Why would the Giants weigh down it’s salary cap structure for a RB who seems to fight major injury through out his pro career . As I’ve mentioned over in the Cowboys side of the fence a house cleaning seems in order in the RB room come training camp . No franchise of TP and cut your cap loses with 21.

Giants would be nuts to invest in 26 . And on the topic Sanders and Gibson will be on new teams no second contracts in Philly & Wash .
They have the cap space, and probably don't want to move on from their best offensive player right as their team is improving. Each team has a different set of circumstances. If Sanders wasn't on Philly last year, no one would have noticed. It wouldn't have mattered.

I believe you to be right in most situations. But I can see the Giants giving him a 2 year contract going forward. He's 26 now, he can't realistically expect much more than that. And he'd be off the books before the cap became a problem.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Younger less mileage backs can be had rounds 2-4 under rookie deals . One thing about 21 in Dallas he’s been a workhorse . Has avoided the injury bug not like 26 in New York. Sanders in Philly ran behind what was called the “ best “ Line in the NFL and yet Gainwell was the one ripping off chunks and catching passes , another Memphis Tiger .

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you. But the Giants are in a good position to hold on to him for a few more years. Unless he wants some ridiculous money, or lengthy contract, it's not hurting the Giants. They have a good amount of wiggle room.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s slowing down as well. Definitely through last year he did. Investing in running backs is old news.

quickccc

Reaction score

They are Not guarantee.. Barkley is a proven commodity,.. and in a bonce back year, he showed that he is still one of the best breakaway homerun hitters among RBs,.. sumthin'' ZKE is just the opposite now.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Given Barkleys banged up NFL history I move on. With solid OLine play a 7th rounder from Rutgers was the starter at RB in the SB Chiefs. This is not a position you need to tie up cap .

NotForLong

Reaction score
Given Barkleys banged up NFL history I move on. With solid OLine play a 7th rounder from Rutgers was the starter at RB in the SB Chiefs. This is not a position you need to tie up cap .
The seventh rounder is a complimentary piece to the Best QB in the league . . . Barkley is a Home run breakaway threat any time he gets the ball . . . Daniel and Shaquan compliment each other

Shaquan was a big part of the Giants Success . . . If you switch the RBs and Chiefs runaway with that Super bowl and win with double digits

Put The Chiefs RB on the Giants and they are picking in the top #10 this year in the draft and maybe Daniel doesn't have His coming out party

They invested this much already and like the other poster said . . . They have the wiggle room

Take the Gamble . . Only Risk is injury but you cannot think that way

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You're not wrong about investing in HB. However Ill provide a contrarian take. Barkley was close to his former self last, and Daniel Jones is nothing without him

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jones reportedly wants 45 mill per . What has the Giants done since hs arrival except go through coaches GM’s and disgruntled fans . Start over at both positions . Bye

mattjames2010

Reaction score
While I agree he won't live up to his contract, he's a big locker room guy too. Teammates like him, so he's valuable in that way. Giants will be fine with his contract and even Daniel Jones.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dak is “ popular “ in the locker room too .

I hear Aaron Rodgers is a real - - - hole and Brady could be a petulant brat . Not sure about popularity when it come W’s .

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak is “ popular “ in the locker room too .

I hear Aaron Rodgers is a real - - - hole and Brady could be a petulant brat . Not sure about popularity when it come W’s .
You don't easily give up a team captain that just gave you big production. It matters.

Same as it mattered when factoring in Dak's contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
You don't easily give up a team captain that just gave you big production. It matters.

Same as it mattered when factoring in Dak's contract.
Of course it matters. But you have to factor in one other thing too. Near Zero chance the Giants go to the SB with Daniel Jones making 45M a year. It's just not going to happen. The best chance for teams with QBs like Jones is during their rookie contract.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Of course it matters. But you have to factor in one other thing too. Near Zero chance the Giants go to the SB with Daniel Jones making 45M a year. It's just not going to happen. The best chance for teams with QBs like Jones is during their rookie contract.
We don't know how much Jones is going to get. There are "reported" figures, but those things are wrong all the time.

Flamma

Reaction score
We don't know how much Jones is going to get. There are "reported" figures, but those things are wrong all the time.
You're right. But if he accepts something like 30-35M a year I'd fall off my chair. All QBs coming off rookie deals insist on top market value from the team that drafted them. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one QB that took a different path.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're right. But if he accepts something like 30-35M a year I'd fall off my chair. All QBs coming off rookie deals insist on top market value from the team that drafted them. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one QB that took a different path.
I'd be highly surprised if Jones first 2-3 years of his contract hit the cap hard. It will most likely work out like a Tannehill deal. As for Barkley's contract, if they can get Barkley in the range of Dalvin Cook's contract, they can afford that and a lot more. Barkley is certainly worth what Henry and Cook are getting right now (Henry deserved more, Titans got a great deal with him)