Saquon mania vs. Ezekiel facts

408Cowboy

Reaction score
To see how effective they are on the other carries. Barkley had questions about his between the tackles ability and that shows up. Just like Barry vs Emmitt.
How effective were the olines run blocking for each player?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let's compare Barkley, an explosive back who catches a ton of passes, to Elliott, a grinder of a back who's mostly a rusher...by looking only at their non-explosive rushing plays. Hmm, I wonder who will come out ahead in that comparison?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So let's compare Barkley, an explosive back who catches a ton of passes, to Elliott, a grinder of a back who's mostly a rusher...by looking only at their non-explosive rushing plays. Hmm, I wonder who will come out ahead in that comparison?
Barkley is a hell of a back and explosive like TNT.
Elliott had that explosiveness, but never lost that most important aspect of a running team: getting those dirty yards, to quote another.
Elliott makes those 2 yards losses a 2 yard gain. He makes getting stuffed in the hole a 3.
That means something to a run-1st, grind-it-out team.

Now... what is Kellen going to do from here?
Great question. I'm glad I asked it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barkley is a hell of a back and explosive like TNT.
Elliott had that explosiveness, but never lost that most important aspect of a running team: getting those dirty yards, to quote another.
But Elliott doesn't have that explosiveness.
Zeke has had one 41-yard run and three 30+-yard runs in the last two seasons combined, covering 546 carries.
Barkley had six 50+-yard runs, a 46-yard run and a 30-yard run last season in just 261 carries.
There's no comparison in terms of explosiveness as a runner.

Elliott makes those 2 yards losses a 2 yard gain. He makes getting stuffed in the hole a 3.
That means something to a run-1st, grind-it-out team.
Sure. And that's valuable. And he's better at that than Barkley. But we can't pretend that he's something he isn't or that Barkley's big runs are somehow unimportant.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But Elliott doesn't have that explosiveness. That's why I said HAD... words are funny!
Zeke has had one 41-yard run and three 30+-yard runs in the last two seasons combined, covering 546 carries.
Barkley had six 50+-yard runs, a 46-yard run and a 30-yard run last season in just 261 carries.
There's no comparison in terms of explosiveness as a runner.

Sure. And that's valuable. And he's better at that than Barkley. But we can't pretend that he's something he isn't or that Barkley's big runs are somehow unimportant.

Which I never did.

Carry on.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Questions for anyone to answer:

Who has the better Offensive line, Saquon or Zeke?

Who has the better QB to keep defenses from stacking the box, Giants or Cowboys?

Who statistically had the superior passing game in 2018, Giants or Cowboys?

You said Zeke had more first downs. Which running back had more runs on 2nd and short, 3rd and short? The guy with the good pass game or the guy with Eli?

Just because Saquon is good isn't a knock on Zeke. He's good too. But to make an argument severely lacking in context just to prop up Zeke and put down a Giant is bad form.

Also, why are we punishing Saquon for being a better downfield runner than Zeke? You actually came up with a stat that removes Saquon's big runs. Seriously?

Hadenough

Reaction score
This makes no sense at all. Barkley has a terrible offensive line and has to earn ever yard he gets.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The post was likely mind-numbingly dopey from the first word, but it got especially dopey starting from the idea that it makes any kind of sense to remove a running back’s longest run from every game...

Lool.

“Hey guyz! I’m gonna do a QB comparison between Dak and the top QBs in the league! I’ll first start by arbitrarily removing any passing TD totals in excess of 25...”

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Lotta Giants fans in here. In statistics, to find the norm the outlying figures are often discarded because they can skew the results. Good work by the OP. That's not saying I'm not into some skewing.