Video: SAS/Skip Bayless give Cowboys Predictions

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I will NEVER forget a segment that Shannon Sharpe looked about as unprofessional as you could get on network television and I called the NFL Sirius radio show one day and called him on it. After I finished, the host stammered a bit and they immediately went to a commercial after I asked Sharpe for an explanation -- he never answered.

It was a few years ago when Tony had hurt his thumb going into the final game against the Giants in NY. In the pre-game (I hate NBC's pre game) he was actually angry and went personally after Romo, saying stuff like "Here's another excuse Romo will use..blah...blah...blah. I mean it was venomous. Then I started thinking, if you inserted any other QB name in that slot, think about it anybody -- would he have ever spoken like that about a player, especially being an ex-player.
who understands injuries.

Romo has never once used injury as an excuse and his willingness to play thru them is well documented. Call him out on his play, that's fine, but to make it so personal was chicken **** as was his unwillingness to address it on the air with me. Sometimes, these guys are just too easy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
before espn skip's claim to fame was reporting troy as gay(while he worked his way through most of the hot, eligible women in the city) and on a chicago hockey players wife's personal life.
both saw him threatened with bodily harm and he quickly left the state, lol.

here is a decent article:
http://********.com/5929361/how-esp...-skip-bayless-to-the-bottom-a-tim-tebow-story

I hope that's true, I defintely enjoy the other shows a lot more, NNL, Sports Nation, and a couple others. People usually just watch First Take for the comical reactions and viewpoints.

Just to follow up on my quote from earlier, because I hate to post stuff without a link to back it up.

Numbers Never Lie Changing Name to "His & Hers" This Fall

By: Jason McIntyre August 11, 2014 11:22 pm ET

Numbers Never Lie is going to go through its fourth reboot soon, though the network hopes that this change is the last one for some time: The show is changing its name to “His & Hers” this Fall, probably in September, sources tell The Big Lead.

The name change is a direct result of the podcast success of the NNL co-hosts, Jemele Hill and Michael Smith. The success of that brand convinced ESPN brass to scrap the show’s original name, which dates back to 2011.

In the last year, a source says, Numbers Never Lie often beats First Take in the ratings (NNL airs directly after First Take). ESPN had no comment on the show’s name change.

Here’s something to keep an eye on – many executives in Bristol have been sour on First Take for years, which isn’t news. But every time it came under scrutiny, the show’s creator, Horowitz, would defend it, usually armed with ratings and the bottom line (ie, $$). The thing is, Horowitz is gone, off to NBC to run the Today Show.

Last month’s suspension of Stephen A. Smith was the latest PR disaster for First Take, but this time, when John Skipper talked to his lieutenants, there was nobody to defend the show. As mentioned here, Stephen A. Smith’s ESPN contract is up next year, and Fox News/Fox Sports will definitely be in play, perhaps even his preferred destination. You don’t need an MBA from Harvard to see what ESPN could be planning for the Fall of 2015 just in case.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/11/nu...e-to-his-hers-this-fall/#sthash.Ju84678d.uxfs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well I see a lot of analysts picking us to finish last in the division, with a 5-6 win season. All I know is this, if it isn't in the cards for us to be a playoff team, then I want to have a bottom feeder record. I want a top draft pick in each round, especially the first, so we can have options. We need a lot of help, so we can possibly trade down and get a ransom for it. Of course, I would rather be a playoff team with the chance to ride a hot streak to the SB.....we shall see.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I don't. What part of that did you not understand. Apparently none of it.

I understand more about you're thinking than you do about yourself apparently. K.eep whistling in the dark. Sounds to me that you watch a lot of Skip and S A S.

mldardy

Reaction score
I understand more about you're thinking than you do about yourself apparently. K.eep whistling in the dark. Sounds to me that you watch a lot of Skip and S A S.

No I don't. This is not hard to understand. I don't watch the show, I don't know why people on this board value this show's opinion on the Cowboys so much.You are making assumptions out of your *** so you are not only whistling in the dark but reaching in the dark as well.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Skip's point about us maybe being able to score a lot of points and go on long drives with Murray and our good offensive line, limiting the other teams chances, is my biggest hope for this season. I fear this defense may be atrocious.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This year, I can't see the Cowboys finishing less than 8 wins.

Breakdown is at least split from division
At least 3-1 against AFC south
At least 2-2 against NFC West

If Cowboys go 8-8 with their star players not being injured, Garrett needs to be gone.

The way everybody is predicting doom and gloom, 8-8 would be quite an accomplishment for Garrett. I keep hearing about the tough schedule, worst defense ever, 6-10, 5-11, etc. If people believe what they are saying, then 8-8 or better would warrant that we keep Garrett. Right? I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, but sometimes I wonder if people really listen to themselves.

cml750

Reaction score
The predictions mentioned are probably fairly accurate but they did not mention our biggest issue which is lack of a head coach.

Tawney88

Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe is a tool.

As for the America's Team discussion, every year they ask this question. Every year. That's why we are America's Team.

SA kept saying it wasn't about popularity but it is. Then he kept saying there weren't more Cowboys fans but then the poll the stated at the start of the segment said we were. Football is about winning but the Nickname isn't its about popularity.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Shouldnt any thread about First Take, Screamin A and Skippy get an automatic ban to the Rant Zone?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
SAS makes a point in on sentence and then makes another point in his next sentence that refutes his previous statement lol what a clown

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
SAS makes a point in on sentence and then makes another point in his next sentence that refutes his previous statement lol what a clown

An yet we have some here who are impressed with the guy, and love starting threads about him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way everybody is predicting doom and gloom, 8-8 would be quite an accomplishment for Garrett. I keep hearing about the tough schedule, worst defense ever, 6-10, 5-11, etc. If people believe what they are saying, then 8-8 or better would warrant that we keep Garrett. Right? I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, but sometimes I wonder if people really listen to themselves.
It's reasonable to assume practically every member who comments understands what they are posting. Perhaps stubbornness is one explanation for the logic loophole.