Video: SAS/Skip Bayless give Cowboys Predictions

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Is this real life? Skip was talking some sense right there. Wow.

If would of loved to get in this debate.

Positives about the season:

One of the best OL in football.
Murray running behind the best OL in football? Or one of.
Dez in contract year. Dez in general will be a monster.
Deep WR depth.
Pretty good TE depth behind Witten with Escobar showing he can catch.
Linehan's offense being non-vanilla vs. Garrett's vanilla offense.
Dunbar in screens. Screens in general!
One of the best FG kickers in the game.
Romo if his back holds up.

Our CB group is pretty good. Carr/Mo/Oscan and hopefully Mitchell play well. When used right, we have a good crew out on the field.
Wilcox has improved, that was evident.
Church is SOLID.

McClain!

Cons
Loss of Lee.
Loss of Ware/Hatcher.
DL depth in general.
Mystery at the LB position.

*I don't see any negatives on the offensive side of the ball, or ST*
I think Melton will effectively replace Hatcher, and we all loved Ware .. but let's be honest he didn't play that much that past 2 seasons. SO we aren't LOSING anything technically speaking.
Yes our defense has a chance to be worse... but let's be honest it might just improve with man coverage on the WR, and getting rid of Webb and Heath.

Put in Ahmad in place of Heath, or Mitchell instead of Webb and we should improve just on the basis alone.

I am not scared of NY or Washington at the moment. Philly is the only team I can see us giving us fits, but I am not sold on them either. Foles has not torched our bad defense as is, and for whatever reason McCoy doesn't dominate the defense either. DJAX was our toughest matchup honestly.

Only teams I see us having a rough go with are teams with tough defenses and stout running attacks. NFC west does not favor us but I don't see STL and AZ out pointing us. AZ is in Dallas, not in the desert. That favors us. We also play NO in Dallas , that favors us. Seattle will be rough and SF will be depleted and they haven't played well. If we lose to SF it will be because the running game tears us up.

There is a cup of optimism for the day.
:D

I have been talking a whole bunch of mess lately, but this post in general does make me feel a little better:D:)

mldardy

Reaction score
Hoping one day i come on the Cowboys board and not ever see a thread about First Take, SAS, Skip or anything having to do with that show or those two. Who cares about that show and especially those two and what they think but every now and then we get a thread about them. I didn't watch the video, I don't watch the show and I will never value the opinion of those two. I wish others on this board would follow.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/f2d3e690441b9ab33097cc991bbbe524.gif

The above is the basic plot line for those two tools.

Why people continue to subject themselves to that idiocy is amazing to me. It's like you voluntarily lower your IQ.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Clip is a week old so maybe prior to.

Nah. Story broke at night and by 10:00 pm we here all knew it wasn't really a PED.

SAS just doesn't bother to investigate. His way of winning debates is to win the crowd watching the debate, which involves him being really animated and using buzz lines without context.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/f2d3e690441b9ab33097cc991bbbe524.gif

Why people continue to subject themselves to that idiocy is amazing to me. It's like you voluntarily lower your IQ.

exactly.

i didnt even watch but can assure you one guy screamed dallas would be better than expected and the other guy flipped out saying they'd be terrible.
there was much shock and awe.

the two guys are about as bad as it gets.
faker than a reality tv backside.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw a rumor and I forget which site, but it said that First Take may be moved to a different timeslot and replaced with a reboot of Jemele and Michael Smith's Numbers Never Lie show.

Rumor suggested that First Take's biggest champion is no longer with ESPN and so folks who were unhappy with some of the controversies that Stephen A. and Skip have been embroiled in, now have a little leverage. They're not going to drop it, because it's a ratings bonanza, but that they're looking to move slighly away from it.

dstovall5

Reaction score

stephen-a-smith-o.gif

dstovall5

Reaction score
Saw a rumor and I forget which site, but it said that First Take may be moved to a different timeslot and replaced with a reboot of Jemele and Michael Smith's Numbers Never Lie show.

Rumor suggested that First Take's biggest champion is no longer with ESPN and so folks who were unhappy with some of the controversies that Stephen A. and Skip have been embroiled in, now have a little leverage. They're not going to drop it, because it's a ratings bonanza, but that they're looking to move slighly away from it.

I hope that's true, I defintely enjoy the other shows a lot more, NNL, Sports Nation, and a couple others. People usually just watch First Take for the comical reactions and viewpoints.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Hoping one day i come on the Cowboys board and not ever see a thread about First Take, SAS, Skip or anything having to do with that show or those two. Who cares about that show and especially those two and what they think but every now and then we get a thread about them. I didn't watch the video, I don't watch the show and I will never value the opinion of those two. I wish others on this board would follow.

you do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

before espn skip's claim to fame was reporting troy as gay(while he worked his way through most of the hot, eligible women in the city) and on a chicago hockey players wife's personal life.
both saw him threatened with bodily harm and he quickly left the state, lol.

here is a decent article:
http://********.com/5929361/how-esp...-skip-bayless-to-the-bottom-a-tim-tebow-story

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This year, I can't see the Cowboys finishing less than 8 wins.

Breakdown is at least split from division
At least 3-1 against AFC south
At least 2-2 against NFC West

If Cowboys go 8-8 with their star players not being injured, Garrett needs to be gone.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Good post and nitpicking but Have you noticed that every year we pretend we upgraded in coordinators/play-callers How is this possible ?

Is this real life? Skip was talking some sense right there. Wow.

If would of loved to get in this debate.

Positives about the season:

One of the best OL in football.
Murray running behind the best OL in football? Or one of.
Dez in contract year. Dez in general will be a monster.
Deep WR depth.
Pretty good TE depth behind Witten with Escobar showing he can catch.
Linehan's offense being non-vanilla vs. Garrett's vanilla offense.
Dunbar in screens. Screens in general!
One of the best FG kickers in the game.
Romo if his back holds up.

Our CB group is pretty good. Carr/Mo/Oscan and hopefully Mitchell play well. When used right, we have a good crew out on the field.
Wilcox has improved, that was evident.
Church is SOLID.

McClain!

Cons
Loss of Lee.
Loss of Ware/Hatcher.
DL depth in general.
Mystery at the LB position.

*I don't see any negatives on the offensive side of the ball, or ST*
I think Melton will effectively replace Hatcher, and we all loved Ware .. but let's be honest he didn't play that much that past 2 seasons. SO we aren't LOSING anything technically speaking.
Yes our defense has a chance to be worse... but let's be honest it might just improve with man coverage on the WR, and getting rid of Webb and Heath.

Put in Ahmad in place of Heath, or Mitchell instead of Webb and we should improve just on the basis alone.

I am not scared of NY or Washington at the moment. Philly is the only team I can see us giving us fits, but I am not sold on them either. Foles has not torched our bad defense as is, and for whatever reason McCoy doesn't dominate the defense either. DJAX was our toughest matchup honestly.

Only teams I see us having a rough go with are teams with tough defenses and stout running attacks. NFC west does not favor us but I don't see STL and AZ out pointing us. AZ is in Dallas, not in the desert. That favors us. We also play NO in Dallas , that favors us. Seattle will be rough and SF will be depleted and they haven't played well. If we lose to SF it will be because the running game tears us up.

There is a cup of optimism for the day.