Video: Sat 8/08 Jason Garrett Press Conference

Bluefin

Reaction score
Dez hamstring issue not believed to be serious, take it day to day

Boatright still in hospital, everything up to this point positive

McFadden more and more work on the side this week, plan to practice following San Diego game

We like Tyler Clutz, salary cap decision not to immediately re-sign during off-season, he's a good player, traditional FB, can play on specials, can pass protect on third down if needed, primary role is FB in two back set

We have enough backs to get through San Diego game

Q: Do you cringe seeing Dez dunk? Passionate player, be lucky if everyone was the same

Great chance for Darrion Weems, he's stronger, quicker, more explosive, significant chance to be swing tackle

Broaddus asks if La'el Collins will move to tackle if Weems regresses? One of the things we liked about Collins, position flex, have to be careful about overloading players, anticipate Collins playing LG but will see how things shake out

Orlando Scandrick day to day

Brandon Carr broken bone in right hand, surgery in Dallas on Monday, similar to DeMarco Murray injury last year, be back sooner rather than later

Scrimmage situational work for veterans, want to give younger players chance to play football, get ready for pre-season opener

Stupid question about what was for breakfast, was is your ideal breakfast? Yogurt with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and a little granola on top, California has great food

/end

windjc

Reaction score
Dez hamstring issue not believed to be serious, take it day to day

Boatright still in hospital, everything up to this point positive

McFadden more and more work on the side this week, plan to practice following San Diego game

We like Tyler Clutz, salary cap decision not to immediately re-sign during off-season, he's a good player, traditional FB, can play on specials, can pass protect on third down if needed, primary role is FB in two back set

We have enough backs to get through San Diego game

Q: Do you cringe seeing Dez dunk? Passionate player, be lucky if everyone was the same

Great chance for Darrion Weems, he's stronger, quicker, more explosive, significant chance to be swing tackle

Broaddus asks if La'el Collins will move to tackle if Weems regresses? One of the things we liked about Collins, position flex, have to be careful about overloading players, anticipate Collins playing LG but will see how things shake out

Orlando Scandrick day to day

Brandon Carr broken bone in right hand, surgery in Dallas on Monday, similar to DeMarco Murray injury last year, be back sooner rather than later

Scrimmage situational work for veterans, want to give younger players chance to play football, get ready for pre-season opener

Stupid question about what was for breakfast, was is your ideal breakfast? Yogurt with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and a little granola on top, California has great food

/end

The last question about breakfast was hilarious. I think that question and answer was staged in advance as a joke thrown at the media.

On a not so fun note, they keep saying Boatwright is okay but something potentially severe must have happened for him to still be in the hospital.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
"TMZ"

Staubacher

Reaction score
This preseason is more than ever about managing injuries and trying to get to Game 1 in as good a shape as possible. We have a LOT of question marks in that regard - RBs, Lee, OScan, now Dez and Carr.

Hopefully this all shakes out and all this has the effect of getting our backups in top notch form.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

/end

Aw man... I was hoping someone would have asked him what his favorite lunch is too. I get so tired of actual football information. :rolleyes:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Enough backs to make it through SD game makes sense.

If you are thinking of adding a body, might as well see what Seastrunk and Johnson can do in a live game first

Bluefin

Reaction score
Aw man... I was hoping someone would have asked him what his favorite lunch is too. I get so tired of actual football information. :rolleyes:

I smiled thinking about the look Bill Parcells would have given to the reporter for asking such a question.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interesting.

McFadden said he felt fine as of a couple of days ago.

Stephen said he and Jerry wanted to be absolutely certain McFadden was healthy before coming off the PUP.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I smiled thinking about the look Bill Parcells would have given to the reporter for asking such a question.

Parcells would normally joke around even when they asked dumb questions.

Try asking that to guys like:
Gregg Popovich
Jimmy Johnson
Bob Knight

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I wonder when they take of the bubble wrap off Darren McFadden if he will be able to play or be same as in Oakland im betting on same as oakland

Bluefin

Reaction score
On a not so fun note, they keep saying Boatwright is okay but something potentially severe must have happened for him to still be in the hospital.

Good news on Motorboat.

Cowboys DE Ken Boatright is being released from the hospital today... They'll continue evaluating him & there's no timetable for his return.

— Brett Tessler (@TesslerSports) August 8, 2015

Staubacher

Reaction score
I wonder when they take of the bubble wrap off Darren McFadden if he will be able to play or be same as in Oakland im betting on same as oakland

He played every game in Oakland last year so hopefully you're right.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Whichever reporter asked Garrett what he had for breakfast should be fired immediately, what a moron.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
Whichever reporter asked Garrett what he had for breakfast should be fired immediately, what a moron.

Silly question,but like someone said it could be an inside joke of some kind. Some of these reporters are pretty comfortable around the coaches too. They do spend a lot of time around them.
Now. If this was the same reporter that asked Dez and Patmon during separate interviewsafter the "fight". Do you still love him?
Then yeah. He should be fired.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Silly question,but like someone said it could be an inside joke of some kind. Some of these reporters are pretty comfortable around the coaches too. They do spend a lot of time around them.
Now. If this was the same reporter that asked Dez and Patmon during separate interviewsafter the "fight". Do you still love him?
Then yeah. He should be fired.

I mean yeah, just the way he asked it, it seemed like he was parodying a question about the state of the team. Either way it was inappropriate and a waste of time. He can have his inside joke with Garrett behind closed doors. These press conferences are about reporters gathering information to convey from the team to the fans. If he wants to be a comedian, he should take his show on the road.