Saturday NFL Playoff thread

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Did Belichick purposely lose that game to get to Dallas?
no , he was pissed off about vrabel taking those delay penaltys.

They just have no wr, so double edelman and play their run.
They have no TE either to take the place of Gronk, and that hurt them a lot. They tried Gordon and that did not work, so they just need
a few pieces on offense to be more competitive. they could also use a back like henry,

I dont see tom or bill retiring on this sour note, question is will they be in NE.
They could go elsewhere and have more talent to work with.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think Brady is done. He just needs more help at skill positions. I still marvel how accurate his throws are. I think he is the most accurate passer ever. He just needs guys who cause defenses to fear them.

Maybe he walks away but I think he has another year left in him.

Glad the Patriots are out though. Now I hope the Eagles lose so I can enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

I don't think so. I just think this season was just a lot worse at skilled positions. They still went 12-4. The Patriots win with WRs like Beasley and serviceable RBs. I think he'll be back next year with an updated offense.

Imagine the Patriots with a RB like Henry and a top end WR? Scary.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Debbie-Downer-300x300.jpg

Sorry to throw cold water on your dreams, but I don't see Belichick wanting to try and right this mess. Too much time and effort, 2 things neither Jerry or Belichick have...

gmb1

Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize that Raven vs Titans games was another late game on CBS :huh:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Just sad watching teams like the Bills and Titans achieve nearly the same results (or better) as the Cowboys while not having a roster full of big-money contract players.

and the titans did it after benching their starting quarterback who won a playoff game two years ago.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Do you really want NY to overrule playoff game calls?!?

No, thank you.

I can't go there even after 6 years. That was a catch.
i was talking about the blindside block that was just a block, and a mild one.
And yes if it is a bad call, really obvious they should overrule

zeke21

Reaction score
and the titans did it after benching their starting quarterback who won a playoff game two years ago.
Changed the entire direction of their season. In fact it is a very pertinent discussion.. one which many don't want to have. Going into the season Tannehill was a guy who was a back up.. after a disappointing career in Miami. I don't think he played well today but he has played well down the stretch and shown that sometimes situation is everything.

I am still hopeful a new HC will realise the importance of competition at the QB spot and at least be open to improvement. Dak has been a four year starter without one ounce of pressure for his position.. that is not healthy. Dak may stay as the starter but at least bring in a decent option for next season.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Just sad watching teams like the Bills and Titans achieve nearly the same results (or better) as the Cowboys while not having a roster full of big-money contract players.
whether people want to believe it or not coaching makes a huge difference in the nfl today

pancakeman

Reaction score
Just watched the NFL's Texans-Bills highlights. On that third-down and long play that kept the Texans' winning OT drive alive, the clip started right at the snap so you couldn't see what was obvious to me in real time--that it should have been blown dead for delay of game. Editors covering for the officials.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Marked safe from having to watch the Pats in another Super Bowl.