Saturday's Game - LIVE on National TV (with caveat)

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
For those that have Telemundo (Nationwide Spanish network), the game against Seattle will be live across the USA. Many cable carriers have Telemundo in their basic package (Time Warner included). I think it is a premium channel on DirecTV.

This is especially a bonus if you understand Spanish.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Ha! Very cool!

So if we can find the game on the radio, we can have commentary, too?

Thanks for the post!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those who still have the big dish satellite receivers, I'll try to locate the game on c-band before kickoff.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Ha! Very cool!

So if we can find the game on the radio, we can have commentary, too?

Thanks for the post!

You got it! Check local listings to make sure. I will be stranded in Houston for the weekend, and Time Warner has Telemundo in their basic package. I can pick the game audio up on radio on AM 560 (Beamont).

1fisher

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
For those that have Telemundo (Nationwide Spanish network), the game against Seattle will be live across the USA. Many cable carriers have Telemundo in their basic package (Time Warner included). I think it is a premium channel on DirecTV.

what channel # on directv?

1fisher

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Channel 405 (which is in the Spanish package).

The game is listed as : Fútbol Americano NFL

I found it .... thanks!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
You got it! Check local listings to make sure. I will be stranded in Houston for the weekend, and Time Warner has Telemundo in their basic package. I can pick the game audio up on radio on AM 560 (Beamont).
Exactly what I will be doing, too. :)

Although look out, 560 is doing Texans games this year and won't have Cowboys games. (I emailed them to be sure.) So unless they are doing some special deal because it's a preseason game, I don't think they'll have it. But if you have even a decent radio, it should come in on 1200 WOAI out of San Antonio.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:

Ain't nothing like listening to a sporting event on Telemundo. It's excitement to the 10th power. Anyone knows what channel it is on DirecTV?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:

Thanks, you are man of the hour! This is great!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Channel 405 (which is in the Spanish package).

The game is listed as : Fútbol Americano NFL

Sweet :dance:

.... wait a minute ... I don't have the Spanish package. You sure it isn't the sports package?????

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
So, does cabelvision carry this channel ?

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Exactly what I will be doing, too. :)

Although look out, 560 is doing Texans games this year and won't have Cowboys games. (I emailed them to be sure.) So unless they are doing some special deal because it's a preseason game, I don't think they'll have it. But if you have even a decent radio, it should come in on 1200 WOAI out of San Antonio.

That is a shame! I used to rely on 560 AM here in Baton Rouge, as it was the only Cowboys affiliate I could pick up here in Saints country. Of course, this was before I got Sunday Ticket. Still a bummer though!

I will have to follow your lead on the station. I guess 1200AM it is, which I think can be picked up in Houston. Thanks!

Iago33

Reaction score
I suppose that's a different channel than Univision?

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Jarv said:
So, does cabelvision carry this channel ?

You can check local listings on Yahoo for your zip code to see if you have it. Click on TV when you go to Yahoo, and follow instructions. Find your cable provider and it should show all channels.

Good luck!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I had to watch a game in spanish once and all I understood was RANDY MOSS!!!!!!!!! :laugh1:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I had to watch a game in spanish once and all I understood was RANDY MOSS!!!!!!!!! :laugh1:

LOL! Still, it will be live. You can mute the game and put some heavy metal on while the game is playing.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
LOL! Still, it will be live. You can mute the game and put some heavy metal on while the game is playing.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night.
I was able to follow it enough to keep my interest. If I can get the video I'll listen to the game on the net.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Sweet :dance:

.... wait a minute ... I don't have the Spanish package. You sure it isn't the sports package?????

Positive. Telemundo mainly has talk shows and Spanish soaps on most of the day. I am actually amazed that they will be showing Cowboys football live.