Say Goodbye to American Idol

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I watched tonight as Latoya London got booted off. She's only the best singer in the competition.

Jasmine is hot but she isn't even in the same zipcode or state as the other three. I'm still trying to figure out how she was one of the top two vote getters. The voting is insane.

If you think Jennifer getting kicked off was a travesty, imagine what is going to happen now. You can bet the race card will be thrown around.

The show pulls in so many viewers that it's hard to believe it will get pulled by FOX, but the show has officially become inane.

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
Avery said:
I watched tonight as Latoya London got booted off. She's only the best singer in the competition.

Jasmine is hot but she isn't even in the same zipcode or state as the other three. I'm still trying to figure out how she was one of the top two vote getters. The voting is insane.

If you think Jennifer getting kicked off was a travesty, imagine what is going to happen now. You can bet the race card will be thrown around.

The show pulls in so many viewers that it's hard to believe it will get pulled by FOX, but the show has officially become inane.
I agree, I'm furious about Latoya being booted off, she was by far the most rounded performer, with the look and the sound!! I'm still pissed....

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I agree, I'm furious about Latoya being booted off, she was by far the most rounded performer, with the look and the sound!! I'm still pissed....
I only saw one singer and it was her... the girl had some :eek: talent. Don't know if she was the best though, but she was good.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
LaToya is a pro already. She never got too high or low. She isnt as good IMHO as Fantasia but she is better than the other two by a country mile.

I would hire LaToya in a heartbeat because she will work hard at any profession she chooses and succeed.

The black girls have honestly been splitting votes for weeks now and LaToya getting voted off likely means Fantasia wins it all which was my choice all along. She is just so soulful and talented it is incredible.

Jasmine wasnt even average this week and should have been gone but often people vote to save someone rather than to pick the best each week.

That redheaded kid was painful to watch and he was saved numerous times by all the people in old folks homes. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I also think Latoya was the best hands down. Fanatsia is good but not as good as Latoya. I think the reason Jasmine made it was thanks to Simons comments. It rallyied her fans to vote. This won't be the last we hear of Latoya. She probably has numerous contract offers waiting for her. It will probably help her in the long run because she won't be directed by the AI people.

IMO it's Diana's show to win now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I loved 2 singers in this competition and respect 2 others. I really enjoyed Jennifer Hudson. The week she was booted off she, Latoya , and Fantasia were the bottom 3. Absolutely stupid. There is no way on this earth that Jasmine or John Stevens were better than her. They were the best 3, not the bottom 3.

Latoya has been my pick from day 1. Simply put she is the total package. Looks, moves, and my gosh what a voice. When you see the gracious way she exited it just makes that all the more stupid.

Simon said Jasmine needed Hawaii's vote. Well if Hawaii swung that vote they ought to be ashamed. She's been out of her league for weeks now. She's a good looking girl, but I don't think she can sing at all. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I would buy an album of hers. If she is not voted off next week I won't watch the final because I can't stand the thought of her winning it.

Fanatasia is the favorite to win it now because she is such a good perfromer. As good as she is, she can't hold a candle to Latoya as a singer in my opinion. The girl had simply an amazing voice.

Finally Diana, if she wins I will be okay with it because she obviously has talent. I find it hard to believe she is 16 until she goes on one of her giggling binges. That is okay with me, because it is supposed to be about singing and she can sing. That's my whole problem with this. If it is about singing then the best singer should win and she can't now.

Simply put Latoya London was better than any of them for pure singing ability. Fantasia, Jennifer, and Diana are good, but she was better.

It's really sad. Like you, I'm mad.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I loved 2 singers in this competition and respect 2 others. I really enjoyed Jennifer Hudson. The week she was booted off she, Latoya , and Fantasia were the bottom 3. Absolutely stupid. There is no way on this earth that Jasmine or John Stevens were better than her. They were the best 3, not the bottom 3.

Latoya has been my pick from day 1. Simply put she is the total package. Looks, moves, and my gosh what a voice. When you see the gracious way she exited it just makes that all the more stupid.

Simon said Jasmine needed Hawaii's vote. Well if Hawaii swung that vote they ought to be ashamed. She's been out of her league for weeks now. She's a good looking girl, but I don't think she can sing at all. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I would buy an album of hers. If she is not voted off next week I won't watch the final because I can't stand the thought of her winning it.

Fanatasia is the favorite to win it now because she is such a good perfromer. As good as she is, she can't hold a candle to Latoya as a singer in my opinion. The girl had simply an amazing voice.

Finally Diana, if she wins I will be okay with it because she obviously has talent. I find it hard to believe she is 16 until she goes on one of her giggling binges. That is okay with me, because it is supposed to be about singing and she can sing. That's my whole problem with this. If it is about singing then the best singer should win and she can't now.

Simply put Latoya London was better than any of them for pure singing ability. Fantasia, Jennifer, and Diana are good, but she was better.

It's really sad. Like you, I'm mad.

That's what happens when you let the public decide. They vote for their favorite not the most talented. They really need to rethink their voting process.

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
That's what happens when you let the public decide. They vote for their favorite not the most talented. They really need to rethink their voting process.

mannnn, you're SO right yeag... what they REALLY need is where they have like these professionals that these ppl go to, are chosen on their true merit, then groomed and polished before they're put before the public, THAT's what the REALLY nee...... ohhh, wait!!??

:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
I've often wondered who actually watches that show ...
My wife and I enjoy watching it together. Her family is really into singing. I am into seeing someone catch a break.