Scale from 1-10 how excited are you for the season?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
10 being the highest.

I need the perspective of others right now. I am struggling to get excited. I should be because the new coaching staff is a big shift. Good offseason with the draft and FAs. The Dak contract is a dark cloud but he is the QB right now so there is hope they can get something done. All that said I am not getting excited. Don’t know why exactly. Am I getting older and sports just doesn’t excite me as much? Am I too distracted with my family and all that is going on? Is the woke NFL crap getting to me? Is over 2 decades of futility getting to me? Is it because I think the season is not going to happen? Is it the empty stands?

I have been a fan for 40 years. I love football. I used to be clued in every day on camp news and excitement for the season. What the hell is wrong with me? I am a 3 out of 10 now. With McCarthy and Co I should be at an 8 or 9. WTH?

How are you all feeling about this season?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 being the highest.

I need the perspective of others right now. I am struggling to get excited. I should be because the new coaching staff is a big shift. Good offseason with the draft and FAs. The Dak contract is a dark cloud but he is the QB right now so there is hope they can get something done. All that said I am not getting excited. Don’t know why exactly. Am I getting older and sports just doesn’t excite me as much? Am I too distracted with my family and all that is going on? Is the woke NFL crap getting to me? Is over 2 decades of futility getting to me? Is it because I think the season is not going to happen? Is it the empty stands?

I have been a fan for 40 years. I love football. I used to be clued in every day on camp news and excitement for the season. What the hell is wrong with me? I am a 3 out of 10 now. With McCarthy and Co I should be at an 8 or 9. WTH?

Honestly...…….…..I am already soooo sick of the NBA that Im jonesing for some football. 9?

Verdict

Reaction score
10 being the highest.

I was at a 9 before Gerald McCoy got injured and was lost for the year. The team has improved about as much as is practical in a one year span with the cap room we had and the other challenges which exist.

I think we are super bowl contenders. First time in a few years that’s probably the case.

We need to get it this year. Next year is likely to be a very different team.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
10 being the highest.

I am personally at about a 6 right now. Optimistic that we will have a full season, but with all that is going on in the world, not super confident. Also, without pre-season and limited camp coverage, not as much as normal that is helping me to get excited. That 6 could ramp to an 11 by week one, but I am tempering my expectations.

starfan1

Reaction score
I am firmly at a 10. I can’t wait for season to start it’s my favorite season of sports

I love the improved defense on paper and I love the new coaching regime

I think Dak is going to improve even more with CeeDee

Zeke is going to revert back to 2016 form

I’m sick of Covid and football helps with that

Sammy

Reaction score
10. There's probably no college ball this fall -- at least not any teams I'm interested in, so my entire focus will be on the Cowboys.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I’m at a 9 with optimism bc of the talent additions and established HC

Unfortunately, it’s Tempered bc of Covid19. The unknown with how this season will play out really puts a huge wet blanket on my excitement.