Scandrick’s words on coaching

Zordon

Reaction score
He played for Marinelli and im sure he recognizes the difference in schemes. And hes 100% right on this and especially about Richard. Seattle was bad when he took over as DC
I remember when we signed Richard everybody on here was ecstatic but there was a big thread on the Seahawks forum full of fans who were happy he was gone.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I remember when we signed Richard everybody on here was ecstatic but there was a big thread on the Seahawks forum full of fans who were happy he was gone.
I liked the signing because he was the DB coach. When it was out that he was gonna have more input, i immediately didnt like it. He basically has the DL doing things that puts his LBers in a hole, and has his DBs playing in a soft zone that further puts his pass defense in another hole

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He played for Marinelli and im sure he recognizes the difference in schemes. And hes 100% right on this and especially about Richard. Seattle was bad when he took over as DC
Then why is Rod here then? Both are worthless losers

Zordon

Reaction score
I liked the signing because he was the DB coach. When it was out that he was gonna have more input, i immediately didnt like it. He basically has the DL doing things that puts his LBers in a hole, and has his DBs playing in a soft zone that further puts his pass defense in another hole
Yeah I advocated on here a few weeks ago that Marinelli should take back the defense. Slater had a discussion with Broaddus on her podcast about several players on defense having friction with Richard. I think its a situation where they've lost respect/confidence in his scheme so all the yelling is just getting annoying to them.

superonyx

Reaction score
I watch this show and I love this show.

I think Shannon Sharp is hilarious.

I don't take anything of of these guys say seriously. They are on to get ratings and entertain and they entertain the heck out of me.

Love it......

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yeah I advocated on here a few weeks ago that Marinelli should take back the defense. Slater had a discussion with Broaddus on her podcast about several players on defense having friction with Richard. I think its a situation where they've lost respect/confidence in his scheme so all the yelling is just getting annoying to them.

Today on Cowboys Break they talked about Bennett basically pointing at Lawrence and Quinn to get on the field when Richard had put in Armstrong and Covington.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Today on Cowboys Break they talked about Bennett basically pointing at Lawrence and Quinn to get on the field when Richard had put in Armstrong and Covington.
ClusterF. Dlaw get a pass this year since i wanted garrett fired anyway. Next year he better play up to that contract

DuncanIso

Reaction score

SHawks had the number one scoring defense in KRichards first year as DC.

all three of his seasons as DC were excellent.

#LegionOfBoom

more #KRichardHate

DuncanIso

Reaction score

KR isn’t the DC or DL coach.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Marinelli is still the DC.

same defense since 2014.

more 4-2-5 this year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then they start talking about the players and their play. And again Scandricks just looking at both of them and when it switches to him he says, Marinelli is a guy who runs a strict scheme, fundamentals ect. Then just says this isnt Marinelli's scheme, its Richards scheme. Says Theres a reason Carroll got rid of him. Said he is a great Db coach and repeats theres a reason he isnt coaching in seattle.

Yeah, you can tell this isn't Marinelli's scheme, although he's culpable for some of the problems with it. This is why I wanted Ricard fired after the last two weeks. Marinelli would take us back to playing fundamental football. It wouldn't help immensely, but it probably couldn't hurt.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yeah, you can tell this isn't Marinelli's scheme, although he's culpable for some of the problems with it. This is why I wanted Ricard fired after the last two weeks. Marinelli would take us back to playing fundamental football. It wouldn't help immensely, but it probably couldn't hurt.

yeah..it is his scheme.

the 4-2-5 is a twist from last season.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Just saw a video which i i struggled to watch all the way through because of Skip and Shannon.

But watched because Scandrick doesnt sugarcoat the team, but doesnt try and be cute with his responses either.

Skip and Shannon were there as usually trying to out cliche eachother about Jerrys meddling and pep talks and it switched to Scandrick. The look he had was like he was looking at two idiots, and just said Jerry doesnt give pep talks.

Then they start talking about the players and their play. And again Scandricks just looking at both of them and when it switches to him he says, Marinelli is a guy who runs a strict scheme, fundamentals ect. Then just says this isnt Marinelli's scheme, its Richards scheme. Says Theres a reason Carroll got rid of him. Said he is a great Db coach and repeats theres a reason he isnt coaching in seattle.

Then again skip and shannon go off on eachother and it resorts to talking about the offense. Skip starts talking about Elliot and starts talking about all the cliches this forum talks about. The sticking point, Elliot isnt going nowhere with the ball. Scandrick chimes in and says, how is elliot supposed to get going when there are 2-3 guys on him as he gets to the LOS. How is he supposed to get off when youre running the same plays every week. No changes no adjustments.

This is coming from a guy who was on the team just a couple yrs ago.

Someone, can't remember who, fought me tooth and nail that this was Marinelli's scheme even after admitting Marinelli runs cover-2 and we run cover-3.

This is Richards defense. Marinelli may not have gotten this defense a lot of turnovers or high level play, but it was never this bad either.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Cowboys O Line is living mostly off of reputation. But there was several games where they struggled to run block against the better Defensive lines they faced.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Marinelli is still the DC.

same defense since 2014.

more 4-2-5 this year.

The basics of the scheme are still the same, but Richard came in and changed quite a bit. Last year, I think it caught teams by surprise (maybe they were expecting more Marinelli calls), but given time, they adjusted to exploit the flaws in it. Some teams were doing it last year, and I think the Rams definitely showed how it could be done.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Our oline has not been great and we’ve abandoned the run several times
Good RB’s need holes or they aren’t good

we have been poor on both sides of the ball. Sad given how much we spent on the offensive line.
And the defensive line is poor on talent. Especially at DT. We are not a physical team.