Video: Scandrick and Skip react to Quinn hiring

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
While I think Wilson has potential, I don't see him elevating the defense beyond where it is now and he could be a liability in a better performing unit. The offseason will be critical for his further development and ability to fit into what I think will be an improved unit. The Cowboys need a rangy player in the backfield at safety and improve the DT and MLB positions. That will also help the secondary, including Wilson if he an stick.

There's only one GOAT, but Wilson will do as a starter while we're trying to fill the other starting holes.

I'll worry about upgrading on Wilson after we scrounge up a half dozen more legitimate starters on defense.

We sure do need a good free safety. I expect we give Earl Thomas a shot at it, while trying to draft another.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There's only one GOAT, but Wilson will do as a starter while we're trying to fill the other starting holes.

I'll worry about upgrading on Wilson after we scrounge up a half dozen more legitimate starters on defense.

We sure do need a good free safety. I expect we give Earl Thomas a shot at it, while trying to draft another.
Yea, I'm not in the Earl Thomas camp. IMO, that is no upgrade in 2021.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Scandrick should have his own show. He was the only one with knowledge I wanted to hear but kept getting cut off by the two loud mouths. He's obv smart and well spoken/Shannon is a little intimidated (talks over him at every chance).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Scandrick should have his own show. He was the only one with knowledge I wanted to hear but kept getting cut off by the two loud mouths. He's obv smart and well spoken/Shannon is a little intimidated (talks over him at every chance).

I noticed once Scandrick started contradicting Sharpe and Sharpe cut him off.

Scandrick is smarter, but it's Sharpe's show.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not in the Earl Thomas camp. IMO, that is no upgrade in 2021.

IMO, his floor, assuming he stays on the field, is a significant upgrade at FS. I think they had him playing SS his last season with the Ravens. PFF had him at 76.7. Was 91.3 the prior year with the Hawks.

This season, he'd be reuniting with Quinn at the position and defense where he was All Pro.

The floor to measure the upgrade is XWoods, PFF 61.9.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I noticed once Scandrick started contradicting Sharpe and Sharpe cut him off.

Scandrick is smarter, but it's Sharpe's show.
That is true...it's a clever give and take if you're a guest. Shouldn't one up the host, but it shouldn't be that easy either to hurt Shapre's ego either; Skip was okay being wrong about the Cover 2/3 stuff and wanted to hear him out. I hear your point though.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We've had this defense with really good 3Ts before, it just makes the pass rush more consistent. What we need are more run stoppers who can close.
TBH we haven’t had a pass rush either ..... we’ve sucked at everything.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying, his defense was good enough to get them to the big dance and held ‘the goat’ to 3 points in one half

To be fair, ATL's defense ran out of gas in the 4th quarter of that game because the stupid offense refused to take the air out of the ball and control the clock. It was an undersized defense and you could see guys starting to get gassed late in the 3rd and Shanahan kept right on with his stupid "we do what we do" approach and let Matt Ryan lose the game with a sack fumble and taking a stupid sack that took them out of range of a nail in the coffin FG when a rookie would have had the good sense to throw the ball away.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
man the overthinking and ridiculous comments from all sides are insane.. no matter what jerry does or doesnt do it gets picked apart and deemed failure before it ever gets chance..

you all dont know SPIT!

everything discussed around here is rhetoric and hyperbole , those that say they KNOW as FACT or its easy to KNOW. Get the freak out of here with that mess..

you wanted Garett gone, 5 games into Mm tenure you wanted them ALL FIRED..WANTED NOLAN GONE AND STATED jerry wouldn't do it hes to cheap to fire someone on new deal, well he did it, you now are unhappy about the interviews and the hire..lmao..nothing absolutely nothing will be right around here..

SMH this place has gone to the homeless dogs...i truly to swim around looking for DC fans to have a bond with and i feel like i landed in enemy territory..ughhh:facepalm::angry::popcorn::espn:
Oh and it didn’t even start with Garrett. This forum wanted Parcells, Payton, Zimmer, Wade gone too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had the worst D in the NFL and worst in their 60 year history, where to start? No DC is going to quick fix this.

The Cowboys have a good enough O, when healthy, to stay with any team. They need progress on the D side, we aspire to mediocrity as a step up. Then, we're on the right track.

And any of you that watch that tool Bayless need an intervention. You can't help it but you get stupid when you listen to him. You don't even have to agree with him, just listening to him makes you temporarily stupid. Please, stop before it becomes permanent.