Scandrick hitting the punter

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How relieved were you that it wasn't called?

The ref could've easily called that and it would've changed the game bigtime.

Scandrick has to know that once that ball is gone he can't keep running forward.

That was a 50/50 call and im so glad it went our way and im shocked that it did. If that happened in New York i'd imagine it would've got called the other way.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was the first part in the game where I let out a loud string of cussing. LOL

I thought, we get them off the field and we do something stupid like that and my negative side says, this is how we lose the game and cussing enough to scare the dog out of the room.

So yes...I thought that was going to be the start of the end but was thankful when it was not called.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ref's pirrouette (sp?)... lol

ku-xlarge.gif

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Were I a Giants fan or a casual observer with no bias, I think I may be livid that this wasn't called.

I'm glad I'm a Cowboys fan so I don't have to be livid. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Scandrick has to know that once that ball is gone he can't keep running forward.

That was a 50/50 call and im so glad it went our way and im shocked that it did. If that happened in New York i'd imagine it would've got called the other way.

Agreed however at worst it would have been running into the kicker which would not have given NY the 1st down.

JBS

Reaction score
Absolute worst case (realistically) is running into the punter.

Doesn't change anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Didn't know that.

I couldn't believe there was no call though.

I know a running into the kicker is 5 yards and that was not hear enough for the 1st down. At best it could be called running into did not come close to what is considered roughing.

Reaction score
The punter has to take the opportunity to get his leg out of the way. We got lucky in that that ref probably hates punters and their stupid soccer player dives.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
After seeing the replay it's obvious what the kicker did (those cheating Giants). Good job by the ref.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm thinking the nfl has gone over with the refs to look for that stuff.

conner01

Reaction score
it was a no brainer call. scandrick was 3 yards from him and ran by him. the punter intentionally stuck his leg out. at worse it would have benn another punt leave it to the giants to fake injuries and fake running into the kicker

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
it was a no brainer call. scandrick was 3 yards from him and ran by him. the punter intentionally stuck his leg out. at worse it would have benn another punt leave it to the giants to fake injuries and fake running into the kicker

Exactly. Scandrick was doing as coached to do. The kicker was doing as he was coached to do. Draw a penalty. No one kicks like that. Blatantly obvious he swung his leg out.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couple of related notes on this...

That giants kicker had a magnificent flop on that play, looked like something out of a karate action movie.

Of all the players scandrick has hurt over the years (mostly his own team mates) you would think he could have been nice enough to hurt the giants kicker for real and make that kicker earn that great flop. lol

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

That is a the type of play that 9 out of 10 times is called against the Cowboys. Hopefully our luck is changing.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Couple of related notes on this...

That giants kicker had a magnificent flop on that play, looked like something out of a karate action movie.

Of all the players scandrick has hurt over the years (mostly his own team mates) you would think he could have been nice enough to hurt the giants kicker for real and make that kicker earn that great flop. lol

LOL