Twitter: Scandrick Interview Tweets - 10/2/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 19m
Cowboys had four INTs vs. Manning in 2010. Scandrick, who had a pick-six: ‘I don’t want to trade four interceptions for 35 points, though.’

Scandrick says Terence Newman used to tell him, ‘If you haven’t had a bad game, you haven’t played enough games. It just happens.’

Scandrick on Mo: ‘He’s going through a rough patch. But I’m so confident in him. I think his talent is too good for him not to mature.’

Scandrick defines confidence: 'You got to trust yourself. You got to have an aura about yourself. I feel like I carry an aura about myself.'

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Great, we have a DB going through a "rough patch" facing Manning. You were a top 10 pick. Figure it out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Article

Scandrick has replaced Claiborne in the starting lineup in part because of Claiborne’s injured shoulder and in part because of how well he has played.

“The first four years of my career was highs and lows,” Scandrick said. “It was up and down, up and down and it’s a learning curve. If you got and take a lot of cornerbacks in this league it’s been a learning curve except for the elite guys. There’s some elite guys that just get it right now and they’re God given and blessed with it. It’s definitely a learning curve and you’ve got to remain confident and just go out and hone in on your craft and continue to get better every day. I was fortunate enough to play with Terence Newman, a guy who’s still playing and still making plays, and Terence would always tell me, ‘If you haven’t had a bad game, you haven’t played enough games.’ It just happens.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...o-scandrick-expresses-confidence-in-claiborne

50cent

Reaction score

Scandrick defines confidence: 'You got to trust yourself. You got to have an aura about yourself. I feel like I carry an aura about myself.'

This has been one of the biggest disappointments year in and year out with the defensive players regardless of scheme. Not enough defensive players play with an aura about themselves, im a bad *** type aura. Too many sales pitch/nice guys spewing PC all of the time.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Scandy is cool. Mo was traded up and picked high to be elite. We're already reduced to hoping he is just ordinary. Sigh...

Wayne02

Reaction score
Great, we have a DB going through a "rough patch" facing Manning. You were a top 10 pick. Figure it out.

It's not his fault he was picked that high, blame the organization who moved up to grab him that high.

blackbull

Reaction score
This has been one of the biggest disappointments year in and year out with the defensive players regardless of scheme. Not enough defensive players play with an aura about themselves, im a bad *** type aura. Too many sales pitch/nice guys spewing PC all of the time.

I've said this for year but the conservative cowboy crowd thinks those players are (too thuggish).

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The sad thing is that Dallas drafted Claiborne like one of those elite guys. He is going to have to work at it and we can hope he hits his stride.

The crazy thing is that Patrick Peterson would have been a complete stud in Kiffen's D scheme. So would Mathieu. Mo was never a special athlete but in college he had great intangibles playing man to man, relying on his instincts and ball awareness.

Kiffen/Marinelli's D requires physicality and high IQ. Those are not Mo's strengths.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Scandrick is a tough player. He's a decent cover guy, a good tackler and isn't afraid to bring the wood....

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

Not just facing Manning, but if he's essentially switching spots with Scandrick, that means he'll be covering DEN's slot WR. Not sure if this is the best week to try this experiment.
Sidenote: I'd be curious to see if Mo can handle Scandrick's position covering the slot. We will find out QUICK.

And even though he doesn't do it often, Scandrick has been successful when he blitzes in either getting to the QB or putting pressure/rushing the QB (stats don't always show it). But again...probably not the best week to try it.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Not just facing Manning, but if he's essentially switching spots with Scandrick, that means he'll be covering DEN's slot WR. Not sure if this is the best week to try this experiment.
Sidenote: I'd be curious to see if Mo can handle Scandrick's position covering the slot. We will find out QUICK.

And even though he doesn't do it often, Scandrick has been successful when he blitzes in either getting to the QB or putting pressure/rushing the QB (stats don't always show it). But again...probably not the best week to try it.

I can tell you this... If Mo touches the slot for one second Sunday we'll lose. Scandrick needs to blanket Welker as our only hope. That maybe the only matchup I'll take second to Carr on D. Thomas. Welker will eat Mo alive.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Where are you getting this now? He's been coming in in the nickel but playing outside like he always does. Then he goes off in favor of Scandrick, who slides over.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I've said this for year but the conservative cowboy crowd thinks those players are (too thuggish).
That started with the idiotic bleating that started when Terrell Owens was signed and appears to have morphed into the "RKG" concept.

It is nice to pretend that our greatest teams, and I am not especially singling out the 1990s group, were all a bunch of Captain Americas, but that was simply not the case.

A team is a collection of personalities. There should be diversity and conflict. Otherwise you have a bunch of people who think the same and believe the same mantras (excuses) and then get disturbed if and when the proverbial excrement hits the fan. Eventually everyone forges together with some sort of shared bond and that varies. But I have yet to see a great team that had practically everyone being the same. It takes a good psychologist to merge a lot of that together.

50cent

Reaction score

You don't have to be a thug to have that auru about yourself. Peyton plays with an aura, Brady, Ray Lewis, Richard Sherman, etc. They all play with that ego that just says I'm the best football player on the field PERIOD, regardless of the opponent. It's an edge, sorta smug but in a gravitational way. I think Dez, Murray, Lee, Church, Scan, Ratliff have it but that only 3 defensive players and one is hurt. Now I do think Wilcox and Hatch are developing it but not there yet. Problem to me is that Ware doesn't have it and he's the face/spokesman of the defense. Too non-confrontational for me, not even a once in awhile shove to an opponent just because.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cowboys had four INTs vs. Manning in 2010. Scandrick, who had a pick-six: ‘I don’t want to trade four interceptions for 35 points, though.’

Scandrick says Terence Newman used to tell him, ‘If you haven’t had a bad game, you haven’t played enough games. It just happens.’

Scandrick on Mo: ‘He’s going through a rough patch. But I’m so confident in him. I think his talent is too good for him not to mature.’

My boy OScan!

Zordon

Reaction score
That started with the idiotic bleating that started when Terrell Owens was signed and appears to have morphed into the "RKG" concept.

It is nice to pretend that our greatest teams, and I am not especially singling out the 1990s group, were all a bunch of Captain Americas, but that was simply not the case.

A team is a collection of personalities. There should be diversity and conflict. Otherwise you have a bunch of people who think the same and believe the same mantras (excuses) and then get disturbed if and when the proverbial excrement hits the fan. Eventually everyone forges together with some sort of shared bond and that varies. But I have yet to see a great team that had practically everyone being the same. It takes a good psychologist to merge a lot of that together.

RKG gets you kyle wilber, matt johnson, and danny coale.

I'd trade all three for who the Bengals' UDFA from that year....Vontaze Burfict.

dewby

Reaction score
You know what our Defense needs to play like? What type of "aura" it needs to have? Like Dez does when someone's trying to tackle him.

Enough said.