Scary Hypothetical

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This team went on a 7-1 last year after starting 3-5.

What if all the angst and heat they are facing after this last L causes them to circle the wagons and get right?

What is they go 7-0 down the stretch and finish 12-4 and win the NFCE and lose in the divisional round again?

We would be stuck with Garrett and still have nothing to show for anything in the post-season :laugh:

I realize they would have to beat the Pats— but it would be wild if it played out like this. Would be a nightmare scenario for sure.

its possible.

The defense is busted though.

One word describes this defense: BASIC

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

What if all the angst and heat they are facing after this last L causes them to circle the wagons and get right?

What is they go 7-0 down the stretch and finish 12-4 and win the NFCE and lose in the divisional round again?

We would be stuck with Garrett and still have nothing to show for anything in the post-season :laugh:

I realize they would have to beat the Pats— but it would be wild if it played out like this. Would be a nightmare scenario for sure.
outside of winning the superbowl, I doubt if garrett stays....

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but even if they did that, and as you said lost again in the divisional round, I think Garrett would be gone. He needs to do better than he did last year, when he also didn't earn himself an extension from Jerry.
Sadly, I think the ax will go to the DC as the next victim of blame by the Jones kingdom who evidently has never seen, nor heard of a mirror before. They will sell it as a defensive philosophy flaw (which is half right) that is the issue and JG gets another pass.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

They got cooper which fueled the turnaround.
No such calvary coming to the rescue this year

Ebnorice

Reaction score

Its conference championship game or bust for Garrett.

I think even jerry is growing weary of coach Garrett.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
That’s not necessarily true...
No, but it's very likely. More likely than the Eagles losing a division game to a team other than the Cowboys. The Eagles already beat the Packers, Jets, and Bears, so they hold the 3rd tiebreaker advantage (common opponents). We would need to beat DET, NE, CHI, and hope PHI loses to NE to negate that. Then we would be even on the 3rd tiebreaker. The 4th tiebreaker is conference record, which assuming a Cowboys loss to the Eagles here, would mean both teams have 4 conference losses. After that, the tiebreakers are strength of victory (record of teams you beat) and strength of schedule, which we know would be bad for us. My point is, beating the Eagles a 2nd time would be huge.

catiii

Reaction score
Lions, Bears, and Commanders, I think we can beat.
Rams and Eagles could go either way. Patriots will be a massacre.
Lions game should be interesting this Sunday.

Lions (3-5-1)
Patriots (8-1)
Bills (6-3)
Bears (4-5)
Rams (5-4)
Eagles (5-4)
Commanders (1-8)

Remember the JETS..and Minnesota...and the Saints with no Breese- With the implosion we can all see going on publicly in the organization, I honesty think it's feasible that this team actually loses out except for perhaps the skins but even that's not a guarantee. 1-6 - playing the Don't Pass line in the JFF thread.:(

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I can completely seeing this happening...because there is no god..

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
They almost need to go 7 - 0 at to make the playoffs at this point. If the Cowboys and Eagles both go 5 - 2, and one of our losses is to the Eagles, the Eagles will win the division and the Cowboys will watch the playoffs on TV.
Missing the playoffs and getting a middle of the road 1st round pick would be the epitome of JGs tenure...

gmoney112

Reaction score
There's no potential All-Pro addition coming this year, unfortunately.