Scattershooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Blackie would never click bait or type things he didn't believe for engagement. I miss that era of sports journalism. I don't mind contrary takes but I hate dishonesty.

Zeke is not 100% healthy but I also understand why the Cowboys keep trotting him out there. They believe in his pass blocking that much behind an inconsistent OL. Can only posit Dallas is scared of beiging ina street FA RB because they won't know the offense well enough to block for Dak.

Dallas fans were right to fear drafting an off the ball LB. The position has been relegated to RB level of importance by spread schemes.

But the Dallas scouting department was right to tell Jerry Jones that Parsons has the ability to do it all. He's an edge, a cover guy and an off-ball LB. What a special player.

Not really sure why in the year 2021 we are having Dak Prescott debates. He's an elite QB and a surefire franchise guy but yes he is still dependent upon OL and WR play. Dallas is 8-4 because it has a franchise QB. The rest of the NFCE has the records they do, because they lack that.

Connor Williams needs to start at LG. And McGovern needs to go back to being a big FB.

When a player returns to the field after being out injured, it does not mean they are 100%. So this 10 day break could be huge for Dallas. Get guys who are bruised and beaten extra rest.

NFL teams cried relentlessly for YEARS that Dallas got an unfair scheduling advantage with Turkey Day games. The NFL who will never give up that national TV audience has instead taken to punishing Dallas with the schedule. Having three games in 12 days is insanely unfair but placing two of those games on the road is just nuts on every level. That's NBA level scheduled loss stuff.

If Dallas does hold court in the NFCE and win the division, it will really be a boon because next year they get 9 home games and the easier path to the playoffs.

Amari Cooper is still your WR1 and it is never more evident than when he is off the field. Teams don't play press man on Amari because he wins so effortlessly at the line and will go score on you. And forced to give him space they back off the other WRs who will absolutely scorch you when given free releases.

Dallas DL is going to be nasty starting next week. A lot of guys who can rotate in and create pressure.

If you are looking ahead to next draft class show me the 220 pound 6'4" guys in that Jayron Kearse mold. That's your new LB prototype imo. Long enough to cover TE, fast enough to chase down RB and quick enough to break down and tackle WR.

But if I can ask the scouts for one early Christmas gift it's commit to go finding me a safety that can both tackle and catch. Maybe a guy who played WR in High School and rover/LB in college. Let't get this defense turning it over at an even faster rate.

And go find a 3rd RB.

batman36

Reaction score
I enjoy your posts. And the click bait that's used now is far from representative of yesteryear.

rambo2

Reaction score
Blackie would never click bait or type things he didn't believe for engagement. I miss that era of sports journalism. I don't mind contrary takes but I hate dishonesty.

Zeke is not 100% healthy but I also understand why the Cowboys keep trotting him out there. They believe in his pass blocking that much behind an inconsistent OL. Can only posit Dallas is scared of beiging ina street FA RB because they won't know the offense well enough to block for Dak.

Dallas fans were right to fear drafting an off the ball LB. The position has been relegated to RB level of importance by spread schemes.

But the Dallas scouting department was right to tell Jerry Jones that Parsons has the ability to do it all. He's an edge, a cover guy and an off-ball LB. What a special player.

Not really sure why in the year 2021 we are having Dak Prescott debates. He's an elite QB and a surefire franchise guy but yes he is still dependent upon OL and WR play. Dallas is 8-4 because it has a franchise QB. The rest of the NFCE has the records they do, because they lack that.

Connor Williams needs to start at LG. And McGovern needs to go back to being a big FB.

When a player returns to the field after being out injured, it does not mean they are 100%. So this 10 day break could be huge for Dallas. Get guys who are bruised and beaten extra rest.

NFL teams cried relentlessly for YEARS that Dallas got an unfair scheduling advantage with Turkey Day games. The NFL who will never give up that national TV audience has instead taken to punishing Dallas with the schedule. Having three games in 12 days is insanely unfair but placing two of those games on the road is just nuts on every level. That's NBA level scheduled loss stuff.

If Dallas does hold court in the NFCE and win the division, it will really be a boon because next year they get 9 home games and the easier path to the playoffs.

Amari Cooper is still your WR1 and it is never more evident than when he is off the field. Teams don't play press man on Amari because he wins so effortlessly at the line and will go score on you. And forced to give him space they back off the other WRs who will absolutely scorch you when given free releases.

Dallas DL is going to be nasty starting next week. A lot of guys who can rotate in and create pressure.

If you are looking ahead to next draft class show me the 220 pound 6'4" guys in that Jayron Kearse mold. That's your new LB prototype imo. Long enough to cover TE, fast enough to chase down RB and quick enough to break down and tackle WR.

But if I can ask the scouts for one early Christmas gift it's commit to go finding me a safety that can both tackle and catch. Maybe a guy who played WR in High School and rover/LB in college. Let't get this defense turning it over at an even faster rate.

And go find a 3rd RB.
Your linebacker in the draft is Devin Lloyd from Utah 6-3 232 ranked 37 on Dane Brugler's board. Your running back is Sincere McCormick from UTSA.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

And go find a 3rd RB.

Hamilton form Notre Dame is the player that you seek, but he is expected to be a top 10 selection.

visionary

Reaction score
LOL at “football people” like you who were wrong on Parsons and are trying ti justify it by contorting what he is. You wanted CBs because you have tunnel vision.

You’re only several years late in admitting that this team has needed a safety that can cover and hit. I wonder how many more years it will take to admit the importance of a difference making 1T DT

Again several weeks late in saying Connor should start at LG and McG back to FB

The rest of this post is chalk with not a single new observation or idea

try not to hit yourself when scattershooting next time

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

And go find a 3rd RB.

7-4 because of Dak. 1-0 is on Coop. The other one. :D

fivetwos

Reaction score

And go find a 3rd RB.
Great stuff per usual and thanks for it.

One thing I'm not sure on is the next years 9 home game thing. The rest of the NFC will have the same situation.

Also since you mentioned Kearse. What an unexpected addition he has been to the defense.

He makes an acrobatic play weekly (even if taken away by refs). It's finally nice to have that kind of player back there.

Fully agree with our DL at full strength. Parsons is our best LB also and Gregory and DLaw back allow Quinn to use him all over....

BUT....the offense can't continue to stink it up and the winning formula is the offense carrying the defense and scoring is a way bigger weapon than preventing scoring.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
LOL at “football people” like you who were wrong on Parsons and are trying ti justify it by contorting what he is. You wanted CBs because you have tunnel vision.

You’re only several years late in admitting that this team has needed a safety that can cover and hit. I wonder how many more years it will take to admit the importance of a difference making 1T DT

Again several weeks late in saying Connor should start at LG and McG back to FB

The rest of this post is chalk with not a single new observation or idea

try not to hit yourself when scattershooting next time
Bad day at the office?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
7-4 because of Dak. 1-0 is on Coop. The other one. :D

Which part are you giving Dak more credit for, the 7 wins or the 4 losses? In my opinion Dak only gets partial credit for the 7 wins because 6 of them came early on when the run game was doing much better. Dak did better when he was in a bus driver role. Since the Denver game he has been playing rather poor every week.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
calling a spade a spade

these guys were telling people like me that we should take a CB and not Parsons because he is a LB now changing their tune

for the rest of the post I challenge you to show me something not already said in this board several times
I would just challenge you to show me something that you said, that has not already been said on this board a million times.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Which part are you giving Dak more credit for, the 7 wins or the 4 losses? In my opinion Dak only gets partial credit for the 7 wins because 6 of them came early on when the run game was doing much better. Dak did better when he was in a bus driver role. Since the Denver game he has been playing rather poor every week.

B b b b b b but Dak threw for 375 against the Raiduhs.

~a poster later in this thread

fivetwos

Reaction score
The OP makes an excellent post and it's gonna turn into Dak stinks nonsense?

Yeah I guess so.

Maybe we should just sit around and sulk until the perfect QB falls into our laps.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
The OP makes an excellent post and it's gonna turn into Dak stinks nonsense?

Yeah I guess so.

Maybe we should just sit around and sulk until the perfect QB falls into our laps.

LoL. Guess you missed the homers/haters thread.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the 3 games in 12 days disadvantage for the Cowboys? Doesn't any team with a Thursday game play 3 in 12 days unless its in sync with their bye?

rambo2

Reaction score
Great stuff per usual and thanks for it.

One thing I'm not sure on is the next years 9 home game thing. The rest of the NFC will have the same situation.

Also since you mentioned Kearse. What an unexpected addition he has been to the defense.

He makes an acrobatic play weekly (even if taken away by refs). It's finally nice to have that kind of player back there.

Fully agree with our DL at full strength. Parsons is our best LB also and Gregory and DLaw back allow Quinn to use him all over....

BUT....the offense can't continue to stink it up and the winning formula is the offense carrying the defense and scoring is a way bigger weapon than preventing scoring.
Amazing that they have an offense that is so good that they stink it up when they have 400 yards.

visionary

Reaction score
I would just challenge you to show me something that you said, that has not already been said on this board a million times.

At least I don’t pretend to be some guru of football but you go girl :thumbup:

Knotamus

Reaction score

And go find a 3rd RB.

I agree with everything you said, but there’s one caveat.. Dallas FO needs to find a way to retain Dan Quinn.

Despite what some may think.. coaching matters. The defensive players have been raving about Quinn. Going as far as calling him the “weird Uncle”. That may sound off putting, yet it’s actually a show of respect to Quinn that his earned. He’s part of the family. The guys love him.

If We do draft more players like Kearse to substitute the typically LB, we’ll need to have a coach that knows how to deploy them. Unfortunately, I believe Quinn is going to have a few offers to be HC which I’m sure he desires to be. We’ll see I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.