SCENARIO: CHOICE @ 18th pick

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
There are four main players on the board who do you take

Chad Jackson- could be a four wide receiver tandom.. with Terrell Ownes, Terry Glenn, Chad Jackson, and Patrick Crayton...

Manny Lawson- could be one hell of a linebacker core with Demarcus Ware, Akin Adoyele, Bradie James, and Manny Lawson

Jimmy Williams- this move could really solitify our secondary.. with Anthony Henry, Jimmy Williams, Roy Williams, and Terrance Newman.

Mathias Kwaktia<Boston College Defensive End- could be real good depth to have at the Defensive End Position with Greg Ellis, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, and Mathias Katkwatia

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
You should add at leaste one OT in that poll.

DocScholl

Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
You should add at leaste one OT in that poll.

Agreed , and substitute Williams for Allen . Lawson easily with those choices .

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Manny Lawson and I don't even have to think about that one.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
MANNY LAWSON

if he's there @ the 18th pick, we should be jumping like Danny Snyder on Week 2.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Gotta take Lawson. Out of those four, Lawson should have the biggest impact to the team this season. Jackson would only see minimal snaps per game, Kwaktia may not even play every game, if at all. Williams would be solid, but I would rather get a safety in the second round, unless Lawson is gone and Carpenter can still be had in the second round. But I believe Lawson will have to ability to reek havoc on opposing defenses, especially if all the attention is on Ware, and his presents would help out Ayodele and James/Burnett on the inside.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I just think the current vibe is that we are taking a lb whoever that may be, we still have some holes and I just can't see wr getting a first rounder or a safety eventhough we need one of each..

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Like most other people I think LB is where we need an immediate impact the most, other than FS which can be had in later rounds. Although between the WR's, I'd take Holmes over Jackson. I just don't trust workout wonders.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Better Question?

Chad Jackson - WR
Winston Justice - OT
Manny Lawson - OLB
Michael Huff - FS

All fall to 18 -- who does you take?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Dalmations202 said:
Better Question?

Chad Jackson - WR
Winston Justice - OT
Manny Lawson - OLB
Michael Huff - FS

See now it gets harder, Huff or Lawson is a tough choice

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
There are four main players on the board who do you take

Chad Jackson- could be a four wide receiver tandom.. with Terrell Ownes, Terry Glenn, Chad Jackson, and Patrick Crayton...

Manny Lawson- could be one hell of a linebacker core with Demarcus Ware, Akin Adoyele, Bradie James, and Manny Lawson

Jimmy Williams- this move could really solitify our secondary.. with Anthony Henry, Jimmy Williams, Roy Williams, and Terrance Newman.

Mathias Kwaktia<Boston College Defensive End- could be real good depth to have at the Defensive End Position with Greg Ellis, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, and Mathias Katkwatia

Simple.

Jackson wouldn't play very much behind TO and Glenn, plus Parcells has hinted that he isn't big on using a first rounder at WR.

Williams is a good player but Jerry has already said that he can't see us using a 1st or a 2nd on a FS this year and we already have so much money tied up in the D secondary that I'd be shocked if we went DB in the first round.

Mathias Kiwandoigheijrlkj is WAYYYYY too skinny for 3-4 DE and just doesn't have the movement skills to be a 3-4 OLB. Just doesn't fit our system. At all. none.

Lawson is a perfect player to put opposite Ware in a spot where we don't have anyone except an older player coming off of injury who never really fit the scheme to begin with. He's well worth the 18th pick in the draft (particularly to a 3-4 team) and could make a huge difference on our defense. Oh, and it's at a position that Parcells has made perfectly clear that he will use a number 1 pick to fill.

So, really, it just isn't even close.

A better poll might have been:

Carpenter, Lawson, Wimbley, McNeil, Ngata, and Cutler are sitting there at 18. You have no trade partners and so must pick at 18. Who do you take and who do you think Dallas would take?

I think that might'be been a better question.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Dalmations202 said:
Better Question?

Chad Jackson - WR
Winston Justice - OT
Manny Lawson - OLB
Michael Huff - FS

Just think realisticly, who really thinks Michael Huff going to slip down far as 18th pick with his versatility.:starspin

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Again...terrible choices...every one of those guys are reaches at #18...you have to trade the pick if those are your only options, but they won't be.