Schedule Observation

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yet ANOTHER schedule thread with a "hey ma, no fair!" flavor? Jeez. I really hope we beat Philly next game because you surely wouldn't see these threads if we were in first place currently. Wow.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
No, you’re right. The schedule is completely random and not against Dallas or helping Philly at all.

There are no victims here.

That doesn’t make you a Dallas fan though.
No it doesn't make me a dallas fan.

What makes me a dallas fan is the blue blood coursing through my veins.

I'm one of the biggest fans in here....and one of the best stewards of this site. I don't go around insulting and accusing my fellow fans. Hint hint.

FYI ...I would accept a retraction and apology for your slanderous accusations if honor led you to offer them. Or....you can go on with the insults and unkindness at this holiday season if you wish to.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My question....which I've beaten to death before...is why we had/have to play SF, Buffalo, and Miami all on the road, and Philly gets them at home....when they supposedly have the tougher schedule due to reaching the Super Bowl. I REALIZE THERE IS A FORMULA YEARS IN ADVANCE on who you will be playing....but what is to keep the league from screwing you by having you play the tougher teams from that formula on the road, and the ding dongs at home. Our current home winning streak is LARGELY because we always get the ding dongs at home, and are saddled with the better teams on the road. I've noticed this for years, and you will never convince me that something isn't crooked.
Omg. I have said this at least a 100 times. These games rotate every 3 and 4 years. 4 years ago we played Bills in Dallas. 4 years from now we play them in Dallas.

There is absolutely zero scheduling conspiracy. None. Zero. Nada.non at all

The only scheduling conflict is when in a season you play someone. That's it

Mannix

Reaction score
Where each team plays is on a predetermined rotation. We share the same games with the Giants so they also play SF and Arizona on the road along with the bills and dolphins. When we play the entire afc east again in 4 years, we'll host the bills/dolphins instead. The standings based games rotate as well so this year the entire nfc east had to play the afc west on the road, same for the entire nfc south while each nfc east team hosted the nfc north team they were aligned with. There is no conspiracy with the schedule in terms of opponents or even location. Until an 18th game is added or perhaps a 33rd team, you could determine your schedule from now until the end of time.
Please explain in detail the location part of this...and provide footnotes. I'm not buying it!!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Please explain in detail the location part of this...and provide footnotes. I'm not buying it!!!
What part do you have an issue with? Opponents and location for games are set on a rotating schedule. The only year to year changes are based on the previous years standings.

The only issues I can see with scheduling would be the actual dates selected as sometimes teams get screwed on playing a tough game after a short week playing Monday or constantly getting teams coming off of Thursday games who get the “mini bye”.

90% of opponents and locations we already know for the indefinite future unless the NFL does a realignment or changes the rules.

I’m just not sure I follow your complaint?

JBS

Reaction score
This is not a conspiracy thread. When the league makes the schedule, I don’t think they have any idea what most teams will actually due. Dallas was assigned a schedule based on the formula for a second place team. Philly was assigned a schedule based on being a first place team.

This is just an observation.

Dallas has 3 losses, all on the road vs Arizona (shouldn’t have happened), SF and Philly.

Philly has played Minnesota when they had all their weapons and won by 6. They also played Miami and Buffalo, and will play SF. Besides Dallas, Philly played 4 top teams….all at home in Philly. Their only tough game on the road was KC.

Dallas played SF, San Diego, and will play Buffalo and Miami, all on the road.

That’s some home cooking for Philly and some road challenges all season for Dallas.

Just an observation. Stuff happens.
You obviously have no idea how schedules are made

JBS

Reaction score
No, you’re right. The schedule is completely random and not against Dallas or helping Philly at all.

There are no victims here.

That doesn’t make you a Dallas fan though.
They’re not random at all. But the rest do your post is accurate

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My question....which I've beaten to death before...is why we had/have to play SF, Buffalo, and Miami all on the road, and Philly gets them at home....when they supposedly have the tougher schedule due to reaching the Super Bowl. I REALIZE THERE IS A FORMULA YEARS IN ADVANCE on who you will be playing....but what is to keep the league from screwing you by having you play the tougher teams from that formula on the road, and the ding dongs at home. Our current home winning streak is LARGELY because we always get the ding dongs at home, and are saddled with the better teams on the road. I've noticed this for years, and you will never convince me that something isn't crooked.
The formula also determines where you play the teams. The only thing that has any human input is WHEN you play them.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
It’s not fair. I can’t wait until Philly don’t have to play the Giants and Commanders twice a year.