Schefter: And this from Detroit: Matt Stafford Out

DanA

Reaction score
Given his age and injury, i doubt he's worth a first round pick. Still, he's a neighborhood kid. Go scots. Best of luck to him.

His durability seems pretty good on paper. He's started every game in 9 out of 10 seasons. And given he's 33 he could play another 3-4 years at a high level.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
And your “contribution” is even worse, thanks for pointing that out.

Oh I'm the bad guy because someone contradicted himself and I pointed it out. Get over it since it wasn't directed at you, but keep it up and there will be.

Cmac

Reaction score
Here we go again.
OIP.CV7oFvbWY7QI0QMrkMVPCgHaFS

khiladi

Reaction score
My favorite part about Stafford is, when he threw for over 5000 yards, he was sacked 36 times, while Dak in his glorious 2019 season of garbage yardage, he got sacked a whopping 23 times. And Detroit was 29th in rushing yards and 32nd in attempts. Imagine how effective that ‘play action’ was with Stafford.. And he had the 23rd ranked scoring defense, and still went 10-6.

So much pressure!!! Further, truly Stafford limits an offense unlike Dak...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Given his age and injury
The injury thing with Stafford is overblown.

He has started 76 of the last 80 games since 2016.

Dak has started 69 out of his last 80 games since 2016.

Stafford is 32.

The average age of the 4 NFC quarterbacks in the playoffs last weekend is 37. If you include the other 4 playoff QBs from the AFC, the average age is 32.

Stafford is about to upgrade a franchise. Detroit is an abyss.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ask any defensive coordinator if they’ll defend Stafford like they do Dak regularly behind out healthy OL and RG, with all that man on the outside with one deep safety regularly...

cern

Reaction score

Stafford is 32.

The average age of the 4 NFC quarterbacks in the playoffs last weekend is 37. If you include the other 4 playoff QBs from the AFC, the average age is 32.

Players tend to get injured more as they age. Remember romo.

Mannix

Reaction score
--------Dak was rated the #2 deep ball passer the last two years.

Yet he can't hit a receiver in stride from 5 to 15 yards.

cern

Reaction score

Stafford is 32.

Two have since announced their retirements.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Colts make the most sense imo. The Saints have no cap room.

im not sure why everyone keeps thinking the colts. Why would the colts want another old quarterback? They would have to give something up for him also.

they could resign their backup for cheap and make him the starter again or wait until another veteran comes available and sign them without giving up draft picks.

I wonder if a sleeper team like Chicago or Pittsburgh will be interested

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
im not sure why everyone keeps thinking the colts. Why would the colts want another old quarterback? They would have to give something up for him also.

they could resign their backup for cheap and make him the starter again or wait until another veteran comes available and sign them without giving up draft picks.

I wonder if a sleeper team like Chicago or Pittsburgh will be interested

Pittsburgh depends on what Ben does. Chicago makes sense. I see the Patriots as he fits a bit closer to what Bill likes to use. I possibly see Houston if Watson leaves.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Would the Lions accept Dak in a trade for Stafford straight up? Just curious about this hypothetical question.
Some people say Dak is worth two 1st round picks. Yet, I don't think the Lions would accept a Dak for Stafford trade.

cern

Reaction score
Rivers wasn't one of the QBs in the final 8 games. Had he been, the average age would have been higher.

Also, Stafford is 5 years younger than the likely MVP.
Good point. But severe back injuries are hard to overcome playing football.