Twitter: Schefter: Cowboys likely to release Cooper before the start of new league year

snadler

Reaction score
if the offense has zero creativity and doesn't ever figure out how to use him or their other weapons correctly, maybe it doesn't make sense to pay any wr 20 million a year

dacoming

Reaction score
The smart teams would get a pick for him. It’s miserable that we have clowns running our organization.
I agree with getting rid of Cooper and keeping Gallup, been saying it for 2 years. But we need to get something for him versus releasing him. Hopefully someone offers a trade first

Carson

Reaction score
I agree with getting rid of Cooper and keeping Gallup, been saying it for 2 years. But we need to get something for him versus releasing him. Hopefully someone offers a trade first
It's the Trent Williams situation. We will take anything we can get and hopefully can get a 2nd or 3rd

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dak’s contract isn’t the problem. It’s Zeke’s. The organization isn’t managed well.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I have zero interest in bringing Gallup back...Bad move to let Amari go, he can be re-structured or at least traded.

The guy to move is Dlaw. He has 14 sacks in the last 3 years for $70 million in cap

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think this is a mistake. Whatever. I look forward to sucking this season. :(

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
LOL stop it. Cooper may be the QB killer. Run out of Raider nation and came here and had his best years with Dak who isnt better than Carr (according to some here) to slowly becoming worse. Seems there is one constant here. The guy who vanishes in road games and has no emotion what so ever. He doesnt seem very motivated. That just seems to be who he is. QB play is not his problem.
I agree with half of your post :D

Im not a fan of Amari either

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
TBF. The writing was on the wall when he missed games because of a personal decision. Jerry said as much.
That had a lot to do with it, but it seemed as if they never wanted to sign him to this deal in the first place. It took them forever to get it done and they made it that we can cut him after year 2 of the contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. The Eagles flip clowns like Wentz for picks but our brain trust can't even get a pick for Cooper or even use him maybe packaged with a pick to move up in the first or 2nd round.

Jerry and Stephen pretty much stink at trades and understanding the value of their players.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Must be plans for Gallup. Not sure if he couldn’t get open or Dak couldn’t hit him. He sure bailed us out his first year. Lamb, Turner and Gallup.

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL. The Eagles flip clowns like Wentz for picks but our brain trust can't even get a pick for Cooper or even use him maybe packaged with a pick to move up in the first or 2nd round.

Jerry and Stephen pretty much stink at trades and understanding the value of their players.
Just gonna let him go. He didn’t do well enough to get a offer I guess.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Cowboys should be able to secure draft picks or players for Cooper. Teams can't let a 27 year old receiver with 5 1,000 yard seasons walk out the door.

Brax

Reaction score
This might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

I honestly can’t take this front office anymore.
Don't worry, remember this. It will all work out.
Dak Prescott made headlines last week when he suggested to reporters that a team doesn't really need a No. 1 wide receiver to succeed. The 2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year recently lost his top two pass catchers -- Dez Bryant (released) and Jason Witten (retired) -- but still believes the Dallas Cowboys' offense can flourish without a bona fide star on the perimeter.
"I don't know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver," Prescott said, via Pro Football Talk. "It's about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes."

Sydla

Reaction score
I think it's also pretty obvious unless they just nail their first 3-4 picks, this team is going to be less talented than the one they fielded in 2021.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Gallup isn't 100% correct? ACL lol

He's younger, though, and has less wear and tear on him. Plus, Cooper's lower-leg problems are chronic while it doesn't seem like Gallup's injuries are of a recurring nature although he has had three leg injuries, so Dallas needs to be careful with how much it invests. With him coming off injury, the Cowboys should be able to get him for less, though.

Not saying I like the plan if this is what Dallas decides to do, but I understand it. Cooper did not play like a $20 million receiver last year.