Twitter: Schefter: Mike McCarthy interviewing for Browns HC job Thursday and Giants Friday

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Guess we can remove him as a potential target for Cowboys. In fact, we can probably remove ANY candidates currently interviewing right now since Jerry is still undecided about what he's going to do about Jason. I'm guessing most if not all, will take the first team offer thrown their way.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interestingly we have not seen Meyers link to a single interview for HC. Appears his only shot at potential NFL HC will be with Cowboys or nothing at all.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Guess we remove him as a potential target for Cowboys. In fact, we can probably remove ANY candidates currently interviewing right now since Jerry is still undecided about what he's going to do about Jason. I'm guessing most if not all, will take the first team offer thrown their way.

lord people have just gone nuts.

my guess is he knows who he wants and they're simply not available yet. if jones fired garrett and had to way to interview say a ravens certain coach due to their being in the playoffs, people would be screaming WHY ARE WE NOT INTERVIEWING???? WAUGHAH THEY'RE ALL GETTING AWAY.

the IGS is highly annoying.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MIKE runs the west coast system. I doubt seriously Jerry and company want Dak to have to learn an entirely new system. I am realistically thinking we wont take a look at him due to that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

my guess is he knows who he wants and they're simply not available yet. if jones fired garrett and had to way to interview say a ravens certain coach due to their being in the playoffs, people would be screaming WHY ARE WE NOT INTERVIEWING???? WAUGHAH THEY'RE ALL GETTING AWAY.

Three or four days ago I would have agree but you have to admit, Jerry's handling of this has been confusing, to say the least. So it's not a reach to assume Jerry doesn't know what he wants at this time IMO.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Three or four days ago I would have agree but you have to admit, Jerry's handling of this has been confusing, to say the least. So it's not a reach to assume Jerry doesn't know what he wants at this time IMO.
most of what jones does is strange anymore. people spend all year calling jones stupid and can't do anything right so when he does things "wrong" people are still surprised even though jones is acting in a manner they defined as "normal" for him years ago.

that in itself is pretty odd to me. it's like crying out water is wet then *****ing cause you got wet in it.

as for what does jones want? likely what we all want - to win again. now if jones *is* after a currently active coach, then firing jason today or after the chicago game wouldn't have mattered, he still couldn't be talking to who he does want now could he?

and like i said, if that were the case then people would be screaming that jones is losing out on all these candidates who are now interviewing EVEN THOUGH they were never on his radar to begin with.

i'm as anxious as anyone to know who will be our next coach. but turning my own fears into a reality nightmare post by post and starting a new JONES SUCKS WHY ISN'T GARRETT GONE post every 18 seconds isn't going to change things at all.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He does everything on his time. I have a hard time thinking JJ keeps him. This year was championship game or bust. We went 8-8. I thought if we even made it to the playoffs there maybe a chance he changes some staff and keeps JG but the fact of lame duck HC losing players and staff is the only excuse JG has for this season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
most of what jones does is strange anymore. people spend all year calling jones stupid and can't do anything right so when he does things "wrong" people are still surprised even though jones is acting in a manner they defined as "normal" for him years ago.

that in itself is pretty odd to me. it's like crying out water is wet then *****ing cause you got wet in it.

as for what does jones want? likely what we all want - to win again. now if jones *is* after a currently active coach, then firing jason today or after the chicago game wouldn't have mattered, he still couldn't be talking to who he does want now could he?

and like i said, if that were the case then people would be screaming that jones is losing out on all these candidates who are now interviewing EVEN THOUGH they were never on his radar to begin with.

i'm as anxious as anyone to know who will be our next coach. but turning my own fears into a reality nightmare post by post and starting a new JONES SUCKS WHY ISN'T GARRETT GONE post every 18 seconds isn't going to change things at all.
OK!

Rayman70

Reaction score
nothing out of the riley camp, or rhule. Very weird. Urban Meyer has been silent too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess we can remove him as a potential target for Cowboys. In fact, we can probably remove ANY candidates currently interviewing right now since Jerry is still undecided about what he's going to do about Jason. I'm guessing most if not all, will take the first team offer thrown their way.

I'd be glad to see McCarthy take a job elsewhere. I think he's a product of his Hall of Fame quarterback.

Let him go to Cleveland.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interestingly we have not seen Meyers link to a single interview for HC. Appears his only shot at potential NFL HC will be with Cowboys or nothing at all.

Maybe there's already and wink and handshake deal in place? Or maybe Meyer told the truth when he said he didn't see himself being a head coach again?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He does everything on his time. I have a hard time thinking JJ keeps him. This year was championship game or bust. We went 8-8. I thought if we even made it to the playoffs there maybe a chance he changes some staff and keeps JG but the fact of lame duck HC losing players and staff is the only excuse JG has for this season.

Just so you know, my post was responding to the poster saying Jerry probably knows who he wants as the next HC. I'm not sure about that.

DStar22

Reaction score

does it seem like the cowboys organization is this well conducted at this point, to you?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
does it seem like the cowboys organization is this well conducted at this point, to you?
not anymore so than last year.

or the year before

or the year before

like i said, people bash the cowboys all the time for not knowing what they are doing, justified or not. yet when they go out and do something no one understands, something defined as NORMAL for this group, people go crazy and start all over again with their dramafied fears taking over EVEN THOUGH the team is acting in the very manner they've been *****ing about for years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just so you know, my post was responding to the poster saying Jerry probably knows who he wants as the next HC. I'm not sure about that.
If he is firing or moving JG to the FO then he has to know who he wants and has been in contact. Not sure who. But if he keeps JG he is fooling himself.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

I am not getting your logic. You’re saying that people would be questioning “why are we not interviewing???” compared to the current question of why hasn’t Garrett been fired yet.

I think the people that you say “are going nuts would rather have the comfort of knowing that we are moving on from Garrertt then being antsy about when an interview is going to happen.