Schoonmaker Earns His Money Today

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Terrence Steele gave up 12 pressures during the first meeting between Dallas and Philly. PFF graded him at 15.0. He gave up four sacks. It seemed to me if they have a tackle leaking defenders all over Dak, then perhaps - and this may be me - just maybe the offense needs to make an adjustment and get this man some help.

Now the purpose of drafting Schoonmaker was his ability to block. He was not a featured pass catcher in college. With the results building in the Eagles' game, did Dallas attempt to force a square peg in a round hole?

For gosh sake, put Schoonmaker out there to help Steele and give Dak time to throw. Even if he chips then drifts out in the flat. Dallas will need to move the ball and score. They can't miss opportunities because Steele is struggling.

It seems so obvious when watching - which it may not be obvious at all - but if you selected a part known for blocking, why are you refusing to use the guy and giving the Eagles an edge.

It's time for Schoonmaker to earn his draft slot against the hated Eagles tonight.

This message will self-destruct in five seconds.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It shouldn't, but they have to scheme this for him to do this! Come out with a scheme, and get these guys blocked up! Remember if you bring him in, you take a weapon out, i'm fine with gallup being out though

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What's your alternative?
Don't have one, but think we'll need a third receiver out there to score. Probably going to need the points with way defense has been playing against good offensive lines. Shame if we have to play scared with Steele.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Horrible idea
No, you either solve a problem or you don't. It won't take a quarter to determine if Steele handles it tonight...or not.

Best 5 at all times.....not insurance for career appearances!! Try again....yes, it would be an alternative and doable on a single game basis. You going to try to win or not?

I have supported Steele all along. But here and now, he HAS to seize the bull by the horns. I'm not seeking popularity with you guys, here and now.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Terrence Steele gave up 12 pressures during the first meeting between Dallas and Philly. PFF graded him at 15.0. He gave up four sacks. It seemed to me if they have a tackle leaking defenders all over Dak, then perhaps - and this may be me - just maybe the offense needs to make an adjustment and get this man some help.

Now the purpose of drafting Schoonmaker was his ability to block. He was not a featured pass catcher in college. With the results building in the Eagles' game, did Dallas attempt to force a square peg in a round hole?

For gosh sake, put Schoonmaker out there to help Steele and give Dak time to throw. Even if he chips then drifts out in the flat. Dallas will need to move the ball and score. They can't miss opportunities because Steele is struggling.

It seems so obvious when watching - which it may not be obvious at all - but if you selected a part known for blocking, why are you refusing to use the guy and giving the Eagles an edge.

It's time for Schoonmaker to earn his draft slot against the hated Eagles tonight.

This message will self-destruct in five seconds.
Man, I actually forgot about how awful Steele looked in the first matchup against the Eagles.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Steele had a bad game. Let it go. He’s still a player on the rise. He’ll be better this evening.
He is capable of maintaining contact with anyone showing up on their left side. But in discussion, don't discount solving a real problem. That is a valid discussion. One can still be a bad arse and truthful both.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Which receiver do we lose to keep him blocking all day?
dude they run 12 personnel and 13 personnel a lot they have for many years .. so two tight ends play a lot. they bring 3 to every game.... BTW y'all act like Schoonmaker can't catch and act as a liability, umm hes not but he's getting better and shown he can catch in traffic. 2 weeks in row some nice catches.

the question in who is the third is Hendershot? i don't think McKeon or Hendershot or this other dude from denver are any more consistent, so take the better blocker.

done, glad i can clear that up for you. :cool:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Move Chuma Edoga to left guard and one of the Smith's to RT.
NOPE you do not mess with that continuity and make multiple moves to fill one weakness..DISAGREE

Let Steel play through it and or make sure that the area you cover up with a TE or chip..

Mcsports

Reaction score
dude they run 12 personnel and 13 personnel a lot they have for many years .. so two tight ends play a lot. they bring 3 to every game.... BTW y'all act like Schoonmaker can't catch and act as a liability, umm hes not but he's getting better and shown he can catch in traffic. 2 weeks in row some nice catches.

the question in who is the third is Hendershot? i don't think McKeon or Hendershot or this other dude from denver are any more consistent, so take the better blocker.

done, glad i can clear that up for you. :cool:
I think Dallas put McKeon on injured reserve a week ago. He’s a heck of a blocker.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Dallas put McKeon on injured reserve a week ago. He’s a heck of a blocker.
however he's no longer needed when you have Schoonmaker as your second rounder who is blocking well and can cover the few targets, he might receive. Hendershots the odd man out in this equation imho

CCBoy

Reaction score
NOPE you do not mess with that continuity and make multiple moves to fill one weakness..DISAGREE

Let Steel play through it and or make sure that the area you cover up with a TE or chip..
Do any of you read English? The question was what could be done...that would work, even if Steele had a return of injury. One has to have an alternative.

That could easily handle today's game. Fact....one HAS to fix a problem...not explain it away.

I have said all along I like Steele, but this one, he has to produce. That isn't a play ground game. This game is important enough to do what is needed for the win.

Period. This is stuff that loses a Head Coach his job...if lost.

No Sir, I'm not buying into hurting feelings here. Is one going to further blame Jerry with the suggested reason stated?

Somewhere accountability and winning has to come into the picture.