Schoonmaker Earns His Money Today

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't have one, but think we'll need a third receiver out there to score. Probably going to need the points with way defense has been playing against good offensive lines. Shame if we have to play scared with Steele.
if we're counting on the #3 receiver to win a game we might be in trouble , Most Cowboy teams have not. its nice to have them show up here and there but most teams have clear 1 at EWR and TE then its the rb before the other options go into deep reads.

if they find way to ice lamb which they didn't last time, we go to cooks, open it up for Furgy and go to the Rbs both runs and out in routes etc yes occasionally another guy will grab catch but gameplan to have one be a weapon that not how it typically works..

CCBoy

Reaction score
dude they run 12 personnel and 13 personnel a lot they have for many years .. so two tight ends play a lot. they bring 3 to every game.... BTW y'all act like Schoonmaker can't catch and act as a liability, umm hes not but he's getting better and shown he can catch in traffic. 2 weeks in row some nice catches.

the question in who is the third is Hendershot? i don't think McKeon or Hendershot or this other dude from denver are any more consistent, so take the better blocker.

done, glad i can clear that up for you. :cool:
Setting up open players is that deal.

That requires more being brought to the table than a second blocker picked up immediately by their entire defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do any of you read English? The question was what could be done...that would work, even if Steele had a return of injury. One has to have an alternative.

That could easily handle today's game. Fact....one HAS to fix a problem...not explain it away.

I have said all along I like Steele, but this one, he has to produce. That isn't a play ground game. This game is important enough to do what is needed for the win.

Period. This is stuff that loses a Head Coach his job...if lost.

No Sir, I'm not buying into hurting feelings here. Is one going to further blame Jerry with the suggested reason stated?

Somewhere accountability and winning has to come into the picture.
yes and i stand by my comment it theres an injury comes up we could talk about it but they are not pulling steel, because i guarantee you those dudes you mentioned are not going to play better, they are in fact Steeles bad day level...

so even if Steeles off, that about all Edgoa could do or whomever they activate as the swing tackle. they will allow a healthy Steele to play through this, its not ironic he struggles more against the best DL and has been ok in other games,

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
dude they run 12 personnel and 13 personnel a lot they have for many years .. so two tight ends play a lot. they bring 3 to every game.... BTW y'all act like Schoonmaker can't catch and act as a liability, umm hes not but he's getting better and shown he can catch in traffic. 2 weeks in row some nice catches.

the question in who is the third is Hendershot? i don't think McKeon or Hendershot or this other dude from denver are any more consistent, so take the better blocker.

done, glad i can clear that up for you. :cool:
Not really. Schoon only had about 20% of snaps last week. Assuming they were all in 2 TE packages. And Seattle was getting good pressure all game.

Going to have to take out a weapon on the offense if he blocks a lot. Was just curious what OP's strategy was on that. Not that it matters for any of us, we get to sit on the couch and watch.

I think you just let Steele try and redeem himself. If your lineman is that weak that you have to take a weapon out of the offense all game, what's point of going to the Tourney?

ONLY thing may have going for us is Philly's secondary stinks and might get by with one less target. But I wouldn't risk it. Too strong a team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really. Schoon only had about 20% of snaps last week. Assuming they were all in 2 TE packages. And Seattle was getting good pressure all game.

Going to have to take out a weapon on the offense if he blocks a lot. Was just curious what OP's strategy was on that. Not that it matters for any of us, we get to sit on the couch and watch.

I think you just let Steele try and redeem himself. If your lineman is that weak that you have to take a weapon out of the offense all game, what's point of going to the Tourney?

ONLY thing may have going for us is Philly's secondary stinks and might get by with one less target. But I wouldn't risk it. Too strong a team.
look man i can't help you anymore understand 2 TEs will be on the field more than they're not. Schoonmaker is not taking someone spot today a 2nd TE is always on the field. we play a lot of 12 personnel. they literally have many times brought 3 TEs to every game, understand yet? 22 starters ,48 active players some will be used very little depending on the play calls which are dictated by game flow. If anything all Schoon is doing is bumping Hendershot or Mckeon off the field..not a huge deal..

blueblood70

Reaction score

but he's at the game one way or the other. lol jeez. people literally hes coming to the game as the number 2 every game. Therefore, his use is determined by game flow and play calls... last i checked he caught that ball on the , potentially a game winner with guy hanging on him, 1 inch away from being the hero,..hes not a lability.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
look man i can't help you anymore understand 2 TEs will be on the field more than they're not. Schoonmaker is not taking someone spot today a 2nd TE is always on the field. we play a lot of 12 personnel. they literally have many times brought 3 TEs to every game, understand yet? 22 starters ,48 active players some will be used very little depending on the play calls which are dictated by game flow. If anything all Schoon is doing is bumping Hendershot or Mckeon off the field..not a huge deal..
You're going off on a tangent here. OP started thread wanting to block more with Schoon since Steele stunk against Philly last time. Was just some quick replies about how to replace him as a receiver, or the person he replaces as an additional blocker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
yes and i stand by my comment it theres an injury comes up we could talk about it but they are not pulling steel, because i guarantee you those dudes you mentioned are not going to play better, they are in fact Steeles bad day level...

so even if Steeles off, that about all Edgoa could do or whomever they activate as the swing tackle. they will allow a healthy Steele to play through this, its not ironic he struggles more against the best DL and has been ok in other games,
Don't worry at all...Dallas ain't hiring you as a scout or a coach.... :flagwave:

After last week and it being the Eagles...or a security member.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't worry at all...Dallas ain't hiring you as a scout or a coach.... :flagwave:

So you want to limit the offense even more by adding two people and still not guaranteeing limiting their pass rush and give them even more to use against Dallas than the last match-up. For sure, advance to the rear. Figure out why English was developed the way it was as a language!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Terrence Steele gave up 12 pressures during the first meeting between Dallas and Philly. PFF graded him at 15.0. He gave up four sacks. It seemed to me if they have a tackle leaking defenders all over Dak, then perhaps - and this may be me - just maybe the offense needs to make an adjustment and get this man some help.

Now the purpose of drafting Schoonmaker was his ability to block. He was not a featured pass catcher in college. With the results building in the Eagles' game, did Dallas attempt to force a square peg in a round hole?

For gosh sake, put Schoonmaker out there to help Steele and give Dak time to throw. Even if he chips then drifts out in the flat. Dallas will need to move the ball and score. They can't miss opportunities because Steele is struggling.

It seems so obvious when watching - which it may not be obvious at all - but if you selected a part known for blocking, why are you refusing to use the guy and giving the Eagles an edge.

It's time for Schoonmaker to earn his draft slot against the hated Eagles tonight.

This message will self-destruct in five seconds.
According to YOU, the Cowboys drafted Schoonmaker for his amazing blocking ability. But do you really think teams draft a TE in the 2nd rd for their blocking skills?
Second thing, do you really think the coaches dont see if a guy needs help and will adjust accordingly? And if they dont give him help, might it be because they think the lineman is ok or plays are being called that should negate the need for help?

Isnt our offense number 1 or real close to it? id say the coaches know know what they are doing.

blueblood70

Reaction score

NOR YOU.....lmao..good try but got yourself and anyone in here.

1942willys

Reaction score
Fact is Steele was horrible against the birds last time and nothing was done during the game about it.
Horrible coaching. Chip or put a TE there or SOMETHING just do NOT let your QB get racked up again and again
So if the boys do not have a couple contingency plans if it happens again then that is ONCE AGAIN HORRIBLE COACHING.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No but switching half the O line around just when they’re starting to gel IS a horrible idea.
No, keep up...the question responded to was what were the alternatives? Something has to be game planed for any team.