Schottenheimer: I'll take responsibility for this

When “I’ll take responsibility for this” turns into “I’ll reimburse all fans who lost money on account of my idiotic late game coaching decisions”, I’ll be all ears coach.
 
Taking responsibility in Dallas is tantamount to getting an extension for being terrible at your job. "We'll be better" X 30 years.
 
This is standard for ‘on the job NFL head coach in training by Jerry Jones,’ the innovator of that, the special teams draft, and several other ground breaking strategies, like ignoring free agency.
 
I think we've had enough of guys stepping up to the plate and saying my bad, or falling on the sword. Accountability for failure although admirable is not acceptable for failure. The sword should be used to lop off the heads of those who repeatedly fail. But unfortunately this is what you get when a billionaires ego is larger than his bank account.
 
To defend schotty a little bit this is about all he can say. Your HC isn’t going to be very successful if he’s throwing the rest of the team under the bus. Behind closed doors it’s a very different conversation it publicly this so the job he signed up for.
 
This is standard for ‘on the job NFL head coach in training by Jerry Jones,’ the innovator of that, the special teams draft, and several other ground breaking strategies, like ignoring free agency.
Really good break down.
Nice job.
 
marty.jpg
 
Responsibility and accountability are two entirely different things. You can proclaim responsibility and yet never be held accountable. Look at Jerry. So it doesn't mean a hill of beans.
 
I like that he takes responsibility, but I can't take his word that this won't happen again because it most certainly will.

I like him as a person, but he shouldn't have been hired as HC.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,946
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top